Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
insert witty comment here
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I own a couple of little websites and I just checked my google account. Balance: $2.70! My first money ever earned on the internet :)

Share your stories!

·
Registered
416 Posts
if you want me to go click on them , let me know.
Nothing like helping another SAer earn a buck or two.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Back around 1999, I made a little money from some company by clicking on ads. I think it was like $20.

Also, there is a site called www.gotapex.com, which features good deals either on the internet or at stores. People on the forums often post some really good deals. Anyway, on a tip from the site, I once bought a 100-pack of burnable CDs, got a discount from the retailer's website, got a rebate from the retailer, and got another rebate from the manufacturer. Calculating the cost of of the item plus the cost of stamps to mail in the rebates, they ended up paying me $0.31 and I got 100 CDs!

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
So I own a couple of little websites and I just checked my google account. Balance: $2.70! My first money ever earned on the internet :)

Share your stories!
that's so cool! i'm gonna have to put some ads on my sites...

i tried selling a program online back in 2000, but it only sold like 1 a month for $20. so i eventually made it free.

·
going hazy
8,724 Posts
Just a warning- Google has very sophisticated ways of tracking click fraud (clicking your own links, having people click them intentionally, etc) and they will catch you if you try it. =B

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Congrats on the internet money. :)

When I was about 16 or 17, I was using some site, can't remember the name, but they would send you ads(t.v. ads, magazine ads, etc) about all kinds of things. I'd read them and then answer 5-20 questions about the ads. Depending on the company sending the ads, you'd earn anywhere from 10 cents to 1 dollar for each one. I remember getting around 10 dollars on my Paypal from them that first month.
It wasn't bad for a few minutes every night.

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,607 Posts
As an advertiser, all these "I'll click on your ads and waste the money of advertisers" people are one of the reasons I'm broke. Every click costs someone real money. Only click if you have real interest. Clicking just to steal from the advertiser and give to the publisher is fraud.

I made a few thousand from ads on a little webmaster resources site back around 2000, before the ad market evaporated. Now I develop/sell web scripts.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Don't forget to report that to the IRS.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I made $10 selling stock photographs on Istock.com xD

Nothing compared to my cousin who has made $18,000 over 2 years...

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I've made a little pocket change taking Internet surveys, but I certainly didn't get a load of money overnight, that's for sure. It certainly takes time!
Congrats on the Google balance. Like someone mentioned above, it's better than nothing. :)

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Time for a bender!

Or at least $2.70 worth of bender. :blank

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
I am about £2.50 away from making £30 from internet surveys...it's taken me over a year mind but hey, it's easy money.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I made about $30 doing internet surveys.
I tried that. Nothing happened. I thought it might be a scam but absolutely nothing happened. If it was a scam, where was the catch? I filled in the info and stuff and got a screen telling me they'd let me know when surveys were available for me. There was nowhere to go from there. It was worth a shot but it kind of sucked because I already had it in mind what I was gonna do with the money. :blank

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I made about $30 doing internet surveys.
I tried that. Nothing happened. I thought it might be a scam but absolutely nothing happened. Ever. If it was a scam, where was the catch? I filled in the info and stuff and got a screen telling me they'd let me know when surveys were available for me. There was nowhere to go from there. It was worth a shot but it kind of sucked because I already had it in mind what I was gonna do with the money. :blank

1 - 20 of 22 Posts