Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any good household weed killers? Preferably ones that kill dandelions and their wretched roots. My front lawn is overrun by dandelions (and half-foot tall grass too) and the neighbors are probably going to call city ordinance, or so my mom has heard if we don't cut it soon. But first I suggested that we kill the weeds so we wouldn't have to worry about them spreading when we mow over the grass. I could go to the hardware store and look around, but I'd like just pick one up by recommendation. Any suggestions??

·
Remarkable
1,043 Posts
I can't think of the brand/name but I have used this stuff that screws on the end of the hose and it works well specifically on dandelions.

I think its this ( Scotts Ortho Weed B Gone)
http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/p...l&proId=prod10001&itemId=cat50064&id=cat50008

But mostly I fertilize and that keeps the weeds from coming or they only come briefly between the first 2 applications. I use the Scotts 4 step system. It's like a Spring fertilizer with crabgrass halter, then a Weed Killer, 3rd thing targets summer insects, and 4th is winter guard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts