Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
1,707 Posts
I found a list. Amelie is not on that list but she completely has social anxiety. Another one not in the link is In My Skin (about cutting) but that is quite revolting to watch. And Strange Voices (television movie) about schizophrenia, which I thought was quite good.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I believe One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is about mental disorders although I haven't seen it.

Girl, Interrupted

That's all I can think of for now.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Sybil w/Sally Fields
And a good book is "A child called it" by Dave Pelzer now thats a book!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
What about Bob
As Good as it Gets
One Flew Over the Cucoos Nest
Ordinary People

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
I found a list. Amelie is not on that list but she completely has social anxiety. Another one not in the link is In My Skin (about cutting) but that is quite revolting to watch. And Strange Voices (television movie) about schizophrenia, which I thought was quite good.
Really? I thought Amelie was just an eccentric. I didn't really see much in the way of anxiety. (but then again I did see the film quite a while ago)

@Shin

Mental disorders in Films actually has a fairly broad scope. Do you mean a genuine potrayal of what it's like to live with a mental disorder or a kind of interesting narrative with a mental issue as a dominant theme?

Interesting Narratives:

Donnie Darko
Black Swan
Memento

In-between:

KPAX (A therapist with a patient who thinks he's an alien)
Open your eyes (A man who becomes disfigured then reclusive)
Moon (Sci-Fi film about lonliness and possible insanity)
Pi (A genius mathematician with paranoia and anxiety issues)
Mulholland Drive (Insanity)
Taxi Driver (Lonliness)

Realistic:

Tokyo (agoraphobia)
Through a glass darkly (schizophrenia))
Welcome to the N.H.K (*An anime, but one of the best portrayals of social anxiety/agoraphobia in my opinion)

·
Registered
611 Posts
"The Quiet"----just watched it last night and it was great.

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
I prefer documentaries/real life stories about this. Anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
I prefer documentaries/real life stories about this. Anyone have any good suggestions?
There's a documentary about a boy that had Bipolar called Boy Interrupted. I must warn you it is really sad and maybe a little disturbing I guess. But yeah it's really good.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Flowers for algernon is a must see. Such a great film which shows the transformation of one man. Please check it out.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts