Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
Most any trade skill can generate that potential, maybe not day one, especially if you end up having your own business. Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, welding, etc.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Most any trade skill can generate that potential, maybe not day one, especially if you end up having your own business. Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, welding, etc.
Yeah these are good ideas, but you can't make 50 K on them 99%+ of the time when you first start. In my country you usually have to go through a traineeship program which could be as long as 4 years before you can be accredited for a qualification and minimum wage at the very least. These first couple years you could be paid peanuts, since the employer could claim the training is subsidised from your salary (if you can even call it one . . .) and remind you that you could be a full-time student and graduate 4 years later with a debt and than take another few years to pay it off. Basically if you have finished uni or are fairly mature in age, I would not recommend this pathway unless you were really passionate. If you are just kinda fresh out of school, maybe its worthy to consider, I know I would have if my parents did not push me so hard to try be an academic. :|

·
Registered
233 Posts
There's a lot of jobs that pay 50k/year. Truckers, various management roles, security guards/officers...trades, obviously. My mechanic apprenticeship started at $45.000/year, and would have topped out at around $75.000 had I stuck with it. Even military recruits start around $40k.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
There's a lot of jobs that pay 50k/year. Truckers, various management roles, security guards/officers...trades, obviously. My mechanic apprenticeship started at $45.000/year, and would have topped out at around $75.000 had I stuck with it. Even military recruits start around $40k.
Those non degree jobs are extremely competitive. Usually most of them get hired through networking.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Working in the oil patches in western Canada requires no training and can earn you up to six figures. Dirty, hard work though, in -30'C weather at times.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
My sister is the regional manager of the west coast for Airgas which is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases... She makes 120k plus bookoo benefits and is being screened for a higher position that makes a whole lot more and she never went to college. She started off in sales, so i guess if your good in sales, theirs options.

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
yeah right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts