Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I'd like to introduce myself.. My name is Mike and I'm 23 years old.. you can call me Mikey if ya like.. I've been suffering with anxiety for many years as well as depression. When I was a young kid, my mother was always extremely overprotective of me.. While other kids where out socializing and playing in the park, I was home spending time with mom and my neice.*sigh*

IT has effected me to this day, because I don't feel as independant and lack social skills.. I'm nervous around other people and don't know what to bring up on a topic when I'm at the bar.. heck, i don't even like to drink.. But hte big one is socializing with the ladies.. I'm always worried how if I were to approach a girl and what to say, and hope tha tI don't look like a fool..

Even though I love my best friend, roger, I hate to admit it, but I envy him, because he's a big strong hunk kind of guy, and he's ALWAYS getting hit on when we go out.. when he lecture's me on the fact that I need to be more outgoing, and darn, it clench my teeth because it bothers me so much..

The big feeling, is just internal fustration and Hating myself for having this controlling anxiety and fear.. I've come hear to talk discuss it with others whose experiencing this and can relate.. I'd like to get to know more people and have that sense that I'm not alone when it comes to controlling social anxiety.. Thank you..

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Mikey, welcome to :sas

·
Live.Laugh.Love.
1,243 Posts
Hello welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Mikey1,