Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of school because I've been homeschooled for the past year due to my insane skipping due to my anxiety going higher and higher each day I skipped.

So I'm at school and everything actually really good the students are talking to me as soon as I enter my first class. And the group of people I was talking with we're in my next class as we'll. they were very helpful since I didn't know what we were doing and everything was just SO GOOD. This attractive Latino girl helped me find my next class since she was going upstairs just like I had to.

So school ends and this is my "happy day" but wait, my anxiety is about to go through the roof. I come home, step in my sick dogs throw up, take a shower and go take my dog out for a walk. I get back and step in the apartment elevator and press 8. A woman and her little kids hop in the elevator with me and press 7. Me not realizing I go out of the elevator at 7 and walk towards where my door is supposed to be. I am standing there for a minute trying to open the door and hearing someone behind me going "Excuse me?" I ignore since I think they aren't talking to me. I keep playing around with the keys until the lady says it again. She warns me that I got off at the wrong number. I'm so embarrassed. Her little kids laugh in my face. Just as I turn around the door I was at opens and an angry woman stands at the door and I have to explain to her that I thought I was on the 8th floor and I'm sorry. I go to where I need to be holding back tears because I'm so embarrassed.

I can't stop thinking about this and It happened 6 hours ago. I convinced myself that I'm never taking the elevator again incase I see them again . Every time it think about what happened I feel like I could just cry my eyes out for the whole night. Oh, and I somehow burned my new library book and schedule because my mom decided to light a candle . This is the worst day of my life seriously. I have SO much anxiety right now looks like I'll be taking the stairs for the next 3 years. Whenever something bad happens I get all depressed and wish I died tomorrow so I don't have to face my problems and run into anymore. (Not planning on doing anything stupid though)

·
Registered
268 Posts
First day of school because I've been homeschooled for the past year due to my insane skipping due to my anxiety going higher and higher each day I skipped.

So I'm at school and everything actually really good the students are talking to me as soon as I enter my first class. And the group of people I was talking with we're in my next class as we'll. they were very helpful since I didn't know what we were doing and everything was just SO GOOD. This attractive Latino girl helped me find my next class since she was going upstairs just like I had to.

So school ends and this is my "happy day" but wait, my anxiety is about to go through the roof. I come home, step in my sick dogs throw up, take a shower and go take my dog out for a walk. I get back and step in the apartment elevator and press 8. A woman and her little kids hop in the elevator with me and press 7. Me not realizing I go out of the elevator at 7 and walk towards where my door is supposed to be. I am standing there for a minute trying to open the door and hearing someone behind me going "Excuse me?" I ignore since I think they aren't talking to me. I keep playing around with the keys until the lady says it again. She warns me that I got off at the wrong number. I'm so embarrassed. Her little kids laugh in my face. Just as I turn around the door I was at opens and an angry woman stands at the door and I have to explain to her that I thought I was on the 8th floor and I'm sorry. I go to where I need to be holding back tears because I'm so embarrassed.

I can't stop thinking about this and It happened 6 hours ago. I convinced myself that I'm never taking the elevator again incase I see them again . Every time it think about what happened I feel like I could just cry my eyes out for the whole night. Oh, and I somehow burned my new library book and schedule because my mom decided to light a candle . This is the worst day of my life seriously. I have SO much anxiety right now looks like I'll be taking the stairs for the next 3 years. Whenever something bad happens I get all depressed and wish I died tomorrow so I don't have to face my problems and run into anymore. (Not planning on doing anything stupid though)
People like us are prone to dwelling on the negatives rather than the positives. When someone else puts things in perspective for you it can sometimes help. You had a great first day at school. Stepping in your dogs sick and the elevator thing. Accidents that happen sometimes. Something this minor can put anyone in a bad mood. Try getting out of that bad mood by laughing off what happened and realizing there is usually a fair balance of good and bad things that happen everyday to everyone.

·
Banned
4,523 Posts
For what it's worth that could happen to any of us. I get distracted and forgetful all the time.

Not quite the same situation but once in class I was talking to the teacher. I'm stuttering terribly trying to explain something. Two of my friends are behind me laughing their asses off at me. I turn to look back at them. These normally friendly faces look like demonic jackals as they continue laughing at me.

This was a long time ago. Eventually I got over it. But I'm sure I wanted to die that day. Most of us here have had terrible, soul crushing days. But then there are good days too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts