·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gollum Found Dead in Panama
By Hamilton Nolan, 10:40 AM on Thu Sep 17 2009

Source:
http://gawker.com/5361602/gollum-found-dead-in-panama

Pretty quiet summer monster season this year, right? Wrong, mi amigo. A distant cousin of the Montauk Monster emerged from its cave in Panama. Then terrified kids beat it to death.

According to reports in Panama, the teenagers spotted the creature crawling out of a cave while playing in the town of Cerro Azul north of Panama City.
Fearing for the safety as it moved towards them, the youths claim they attacked the beast with sticks before throwing its lifeless body into a pool of water.

All it wanted was to play with the children. And now this. A sad statement on our fear of the unknown.

But at least our new friend will leave a legacy. As Telemetro noted in the original (translated) report, "while some say it may be a being from another planet, others simply believe that is an animal."

Some say it's a sloth. We say: It's a lost friend.

·
"Semi-retired" SAS Member
1,006 Posts
Consensus from various sites I've looked at so far (e.g. cryptomundo.com) seems to be that it's a tree sloth carcass that's spent a considerable amount of time in the ocean before washing a shore.

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
They killed E.T.!!!:cry

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I thought it was a seal.
That pic is pretty unnerving.

·
Frostie
1,035 Posts
It does look like some kind of deformed human/elfin creature. I'm both repulsed and enthralled by it at the same time. I can't stop looking even though I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

The first three things that come to mind:
-Phil Spector's prison mugshot without his wig
-Sloth from the Goonies
-(Okay this is really sick and disrespectful to the dead...sorry) What Michael Jackson's decomposing corpse must look like in its present state with all the botched cosmetic surgeries he had

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ew, yuck. Did not need to see that. It does kind of look like a salt-cured sloth.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Poor thing. :(

Although I've never seen anything like that before I can't help but feel a bit saddened...hope it wasn't actually beaten to death.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looks like Jim Henson is missing a puppet.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Oh, goodness. That's something strange to see in the morning.
I hope they didn't really beat it to death. I don't care what it looks like, it didn't deserve that... but it is kind of ewwww.

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
That made me feel really sad. :(

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
It's likely a sloth. Wow though.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Eh. Long time in the water does weird things. There's a famous case of a Japanese fishing boat which hauled up a carcass that looked like a dead plesiosaur, and turned out to be the decomposed body of a basking shark.

·
gnomely
228 Posts

·
The b**** is back
1,121 Posts
Poor thing. My theory is that it's a sloth, it was dead for a while and washed ashore and the kids made up the story for attention.

This is awful but my first thought was, "holy crap, it's the Eraserhead baby!"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts