Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have gone to work everyday this month. :boogie usually i try to figure out some kind of problem not to go. i work in a call centre with a bunch of very opionated people or it seems like that to me. and i could not handle them telling me stuff anymore. i had been making improvements with my treatment and was not turning into this other person that they did not recognize and they became very critical. it was weird because i would normally turn myself into a pretzel to fit into their idea of me. and here i was arguing back, cutting my hair, wearing things they critisized and basically just not giving a crap what they thought. the truth was i still did and probably still do but i try daily to not let it affect me. this is just one part of my life that sad affects that i am learning to control and hopefully the rest - gandalf help me, the mall - will come too. :D

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Great job Polgara!

the truth was i still did and probably still do but i try daily to not let it affect me.
That's what's important :) I think it's hard to completely get rid of anxiety, but you can learn to not let it control your life or prevent you from enjoying yourself

·
Recovered from SA.
232 Posts
That sound great. I would like to know how you cope with social anxiety at work especially a job in which you have to talk to people.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's great! People at work and especially your bosses will really notice the change. It's a better reflection of you. Glad S.A. isn't getting you down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations for going into work for a whole month straight thus far! My social anxiety and overcoming drug use have led me to take time quite a bit of time off work... and even since i started my new job a month a half ago, I called in sick one day. It's really something i wanted to avoid doing, but i commend you for sticking it out! Keep it up!

also, it sounds llike you are being yourself, right?! LEtting yourself have a voice, so good for you. I know I don't know you much obviously, but I am proud of you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts