Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally going to tell a dear friend of mine about how I feel. About how much I appreciate her friendship and how important she is to me. I want to thank her for everything, for being such a great person and treating me as a human being. I'm quite anxious about this, makes me feel weak and vulnerable. But I trust her.

I just hope I don't start crying uncontrollably or something. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping my own thread, pardon.. <.<

So anyway, I finally had the chance to talk with her. Words can't describe how relieved I am right now.. It was fantastic to hear that she also cares a lot about me, and to find out that we can be more open around each other. I told her about many things I normally wouldn't tell anyone. Even some very difficult stuff, but she was very supportive and empathetic. Talking sounds like a little thing, but it was really an amazing experience. I felt like it deepened our bond as friends, and she also said the same thing.

My advice to any readers: If you have someone like this person in your life - someone who you can trust and who you value highly, and who also feels the same way about you - please, just talk to that person. Tell him/her how you are feeling. It helps in so many ways.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I definitely understand how talking can be a big thing. I have my username for a reason.

I also agree on trying to open up to the people you have and thank them for what they do for you. That also sounds small, but it can have a huge impact on someone to actually hear that their efforts are noticed and appreciated. True friends are rare, so I'm glad you found at least one.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Very nice and good luck :)

·
Wish I Was A Viking
3 Posts
I did this same thing with my mom. As I child, I had extreme SA. I'm talking in the third grade. So one day I came home from school and poured my heart out to her just out of the blue. I felt so much better and much more connected with her after that. I'm glad your friend received your words well!

·
Registered
597 Posts
My advice to any readers: If you have someone like this person in your life - someone who you can trust and who you value highly, and who also feels the same way about you - please, just talk to that person. Tell him/her how you are feeling. It helps in so many ways.
Man you have big balls!

Maybe I'm gonna follow your advice.. like.. not me and a girl are gonna date, but well.. at least I say something I'd like to have said long ago..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts