Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extremely anxious about a job offer i took, but i decided no matter how i feel to try and stay positive about it. My first day is tommorrow and yes i am scared but i know it will be ok. they cant expect too much the first day. i am gonna try and stay calm tommorrow and just do the best i can do. that is really all i can do. wish me luck!

·
wondering
65 Posts
I hope everything went well today. About 6 years ago I got laid off and had to get another job, and it was scary and exciting, just as you said. I kind of played a game with myself, to focus on others and not just on me. I was curious to see what was it that others would say to me, to try to describe themselves. I think alot of times you can see what is really important to them by the things they to say to impress the "new person". So it's interesting to see who will tell you about what car they drive, or what awards they got in school and things like that. Not that you have to judge them forever on what they say, of course it takes time to get to know people....it's just that it was kind of like a "discover game' and helped me be a little less scared.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was a long day, but not so bad. i just have a whole lot to learn. this is something they are gonna let me try since they offered it to me, and if i dont like it i can have my other job there back, but im gonna push forward and stick with it.

·
wondering
65 Posts
but im gonna push forward and stick with it.
Glad to hear that :clap And just remember, if someone asks you a question and you don't know the answer, just say I don't know the answer to that, but I will find it out for you, or find the person who does, and we will get back to you. Good luck on your new journey!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear that :clap And just remember, if someone asks you a question and you don't know the answer, just say I don't know the answer to that, but I will find it out for you, or find the person who does, and we will get back to you. Good luck on your new journey!
Thanks for your encouragement! Good advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts