Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate going to see a new doctor. It makes me really nervous even days before the appointment. I just want to get it over with, i hate appointments in general. Not exactly sure why, paranoia? or perhaps being in aconfined space with a stranger? I don't know. Any one else feel this way? Im sure i cant be the only one

·
Registered
31 Posts
Certainly, meeting doctors can present a degree of anxiety. Just remember they aren't really authority figures like a policeman. They tend to act like robots and (you are just another number to them many times) and simply recite memorized instructions. I have a good doctor that I can talk to, it really helps if you can feel at ease around them and know they really care about you (rare individuals indeed).

If you are being hospitalized, try to keep a friend or family member around to watch over you if you are going to be medicated and may not have full clarity to make the right decisions.

A doctor has no power over you unless you give it to them. If you are uncomfortable with your doctor, remember that you can leave anytime and find a new one.

Yes, paranoia does sound like your main problem though. Worrying about what might be wrong with you can make anyone nervous! That is completely understandable.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.