Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so tonight I am going to a party. It will be my very first party at my new high school. There will, of course, be plenty of drinking going around. What I'm wondering is how should I handle my drinking so that I'll be comfortable around the people there but still in control of myself?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Ok so tonight I am going to a party. It will be my very first party at my new high school. There will, of course, be plenty of drinking going around. What I'm wondering is how should I handle my drinking so that I'll be comfortable around the people there but still in control of myself?
My question is... why is a teen drinking? Beer is no good my friend :D But just pretend that you are drinking and just relax and act cool around other kids.

·
Federalist
219 Posts
If you walk around with the cup 1/2 full and sip every now and again people will not know the difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmm probably posting this a bit late but well... don't overdo it and don't go past what you're comfortable with. It doesn't really win you any friends when you end up puking on their shoes, you know?

As the previous poster said, you can sip at a drink for ages and no one will notice. You can also drink water, cola, whatever and no one will know it's not something mixed with spirits.

Just take it easy, have a good time and when you get that feeling of "wow, this is awesome, I should keep drinking!" then it's time to stop :p

Edit: by the way, if you just don't enjoy drinking, then just don't drink. Compromising yourself for other people is not a great way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts