Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my mom want me to go with her to this big party tonight with her friends,live performers that i like will be there....my cousin who's also very quiet will be with me but,i am still so nervous my stomach is in knots....i'm worried that i won't look my best or feel out of place....i do want to go and have and try to have fun and dance....i'm wearing heels which i'm not comfortable in,so majority of the time i will be sitting down...cause i fear of making a fool out of myself lol...i will dance a little bit probably with my cousin....my anxiety is messing with me,i can't think straight...i can't wait to this party is over....and at the same time i won't it to last all night cause next week will be my birthday....and i don't know what i will be doing,i would like to go out to a club but i doubt if i'll go cause my friend has a family that she has to take care of....and we can't hang out like we use too...so next week for my birthday i don't want to sit in the house and do nothing for my birthday like i always do....my associate that i use to go to school with that's on my facebook sent a birthday party invite to me and other classmates...i'm not going i never was her friend or the other classmates, and plus i would'nt feel comfortable so why go,they will be asking me alot of questions about my life,so what would u all do need feedback?!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would try to do something to keep yourself occupied until you have to go to the party. Try to keep your thoughts as much as you possible if you can off going to the party. You should treat it as an exposure too. No matter what happens the thing thats important is you went and challenged yourself. That brings you just one step closer to beating SA.

I would also recomend going to that other party as well. Don't worry about not knowing anyone well enough. Alot of the people there probably got invited by some aquintance that they don't know too well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your advice i did go to the party with my mom and cousin,at first i felt out of place and nervous cause i was bored,for the first part of the party....then as the music got better and the live performers sang i got up clapped danced in place by my seat...i did'nt get on the dance floor...so i had a nice time...i don't know if i will be attending my old highschool classmate's birthday party.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
God, you have more guts than I do. I am always making excuses to get out of things like that. There is a neighborhood pool party this weekend, and for the 3rd year in a row, I am not going. Why be miserable? I am just not a people person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts