Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Amazing
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm invited to this party at a nightclub tomorrow night. I've never been to a nightclub or a bar before. I don't know if I should go, because I really don't like noise or big crowds.
What do you all think? Should I go? What kind of strategies should I use if I get nervous?
I have no idea what to do.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
If you never went then it would be a good chance to see what it's like. If you get nervous try and find one of your friends and hang around them or sit down if they have a lounge area to relax.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I encourage you to go too!! Its awesome that you have been invited out into the social scene. I used too hang out in night clubs...I like dancing and hip hop music. Although a lounge is more my style, soft music where I can communicate. One warning though, nightclubs are a socially contrived/distorted reality, therefore, remember that people are all equal while there and that the social heirarchy of glamor and status is b.s.-Capeche? We are all VIP..hehe

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you never went then it would be a good chance to see what it's like. If you get nervous try and find one of your friends and hang around them or sit down if they have a lounge area to relax.
Thumbs up!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I go to nightclubs to relax. (if only I had friends to go with) I grab some drinks, just sit down, and enjoy my fav music, as I watch all the crazy people around me.. :)

·
Amazing
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to let you all know that I had a great time at the club. Thanks for all the encouragement! You guys rock

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's good to hear. I was just about to post saying that you shouldn't go but I'm glad you had a good experience!

·
Registered
213 Posts
So, I'm invited to this party at a nightclub tomorrow night. I've never been to a nightclub or a bar before. I don't know if I should go, because I really don't like noise or big crowds.
What do you all think? Should I go? What kind of strategies should I use if I get nervous?
I have no idea what to do.
Some people here don't go because they're nervous, others because they never have anyone to go with. At least you're beyond one of those problems, so I say give it a shot. Just wing it... do as others in here have mentioned. If you don't like it, then you'll know for the future, but it's better to know than not to know.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The best advice that I can give you: If you think it will make you unhappy then don't go, but just because you may dislike crowds, you can ALWAYS have fun by yourself.

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
Clubs are so loud you can't really talk to anyone. I've always wondered if the people who like clubs like that part, meaning they aren't good talkers and stuff.

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
Just wanted to let you all know that I had a great time at the club. Thanks for all the encouragement! You guys rock
congrats on going. Hopefully you didn't excessively drink, i learned to gradually avoid my safety behaviours like stalling in the washroom or drinking heavily and the more i went the better i felt about being in the moment

·
Longing to be Free
25 Posts
I am happy to hear you had a great time. I have always had a horrible time at clubs the few times I have went. Everyone is so social, dancing, hooking up. I just feel so out of place in such a setting. I also get jealous of the other people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts