Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to see two heavy metal bands with a friend tomorrow. Would you consider this as me making a huge decision? Or just some guy going to an event to enjoy two of his favorite bands? Or perhaps both? My SA is horrible, but in events like this, I just go and see what happens. Usually afterwards, I feel great, I'm happy and feel actually like I defeated SA for going and being around all kinds of different people.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Brutal Truth and Pig Destroyer (in about 3 hours from now)
Nice, hope you have a good time! I really wanted to see them in New York with Repulsion (!!!), but I didn't have enough time to prepare. I saw PD like 9 years ago though, and went to my first BT show last year.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Brutal Truth and Pig Destroyer (in about 3 hours from now)
That should be grind-tastic!

I got to open for Brutal Truth many years ago. Dan Lilker showed my how to make a pipe out of an apple.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was cool. I actually tried to go into the moshpit and busted my *** like 3 times. I was pretty drunk of course. Plus I got a pic with Pig Destroyer's vocalist and Brutal Truth's vocalist. For some reason the BT vocalist stuck his finger in my nose for the pic lol. I didn't care.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
It was cool. I actually tried to go into the moshpit and busted my *** like 3 times. I was pretty drunk of course. Plus I got a pic with Pig Destroyer's vocalist and Brutal Truth's vocalist. For some reason the BT vocalist stuck his finger in my nose for the pic lol. I didn't care.
Excellent, it sounds like you had a great time :D

I know how mad it can get when you get to the front of the stage - certainly not for the lighthearted!!! You've definitely got to give as good as you get. It makes me smile when you see some people get a great place near the front, only to disappear once the band starts and they realise how crazy the crowd gets.

Although nervous when waiting for bands to start, I find that when the music starts and everyone is singing and dancing (if you can call it that, lol), I can just go with the flow and let myself go, and hardly feel anxious at all. Now if only I had friends to go with :um

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I remember the days when I was young & flexible enough to go in the pit and mix it up. Good times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts