Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day at work we were having just some cake and food for someone birthday I dont normally go to them but this one time I went only because I was working in the same room and way the head manger said in front of everyone one thank you Michael for coming every other time I ask you dont come so of course my face went red the a manger from another part said Michael dont go red now and I must of gone as red as a beetroot and I started to get the shakes and feel sick and sweat, racing heartbeat and every one laughed I felt like running out get in my car and going home but that would of made people question me why did you do this
I been asked why am I going red before but never in front of 20 people but cant people just be happy I am there and not put the attention fully on to me
people piss me off

·
uggla
10,065 Posts
This reminds me of when I got red, in class, when I was like 13-14. I didn't even get embarrassed over anything big, at first, but this guy kept asking me "why are you so red?", while leaning towards me and staring at my face(I was looking down at the table). So... it got worse and worse and he just kept nagging. He also made sure to be really loud, point and laugh so everyone else in the classroom would notice. He was a prick.

Yeah... so many feels.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What do you think the manager would do if you got him alone and told him that you don't appreciate him calling attention to you?

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
I've had similar things happen, when they actually say don't go red ect it just makes it worse also. It's best not to dwell on it, maybe in time your physical symptoms of anxiety won't be as noticeable. I have improved on that front and it takes a lot to make me blush now, but meds have helped also.

I think the manager was just just having a laugh, doing some light-hearted ribbing anyway. The people laughing weren't doing it in a malicious manner I'm sure. I would have felt like escaping and always avoided work get-togethers. Especially the Christmas/new years ones, they made me feel worse because they always brought along their girlfriends and wives and I had no one.

I'm glad you didn't run out anyway, because that would have made things very awkward when you returned to work. Things will get better for you I hope.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you think the manager would do if you got him alone and told him that you don't appreciate him calling attention to you?
she has already asked me if I like to socialize and I said no not really so that should of been a hint and me not going to the others in the past should of worked it out she a rn nurse well they both are
and if I say it the wrong way I could end up with them pushing me out of the door and I cant afford to lose my job I lost my first one cant lose my 2nd
This reminds me of when I got red, in class, when I was like 13-14. I didn't even get embarrassed over anything big, at first, but this guy kept asking me "why are you so red?", while leaning towards me and staring at my face(I was looking down at the table). So... it got worse and worse and he just kept nagging. He also made sure to be really loud, point and laugh so everyone else in the classroom would notice. He was a prick.

Yeah... so many feels.
yep then once they ask that it goes twice as red
I've had similar things happen, when they actually say don't go red ect it just makes it worse also. It's best not to dwell on it, maybe in time your physical symptoms of anxiety won't be as noticeable. I have improved on that front and it takes a lot to make me blush now, but meds have helped also.

I think the manager was just just having a laugh, doing some light-hearted ribbing anyway. The people laughing weren't doing it in a malicious manner I'm sure. I would have felt like escaping and always avoided work get-togethers. Especially the Christmas/new years ones, they made me feel worse because they always brought along their girlfriends and wives and I had no one.

I'm glad you didn't run out anyway, because that would have made things very awkward when you returned to work. Things will get better for you I hope.
I'm not on meds no one knows about my anxiety mum knows a bit but not much I don't let any one know

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
He must have said it in a joke sarcastic way n thought u could handle it n brush it off... I doubt he'd ever imagine u would be posting online about it later... When "normal" shy people blush they get that all the time, I doubt he knows u have such low self esteem n SA or he wouldn't have made the joke.

He didn't mean it as "DO NOT GO RED, STOP THAT THIS INSTINT"

I'd say its just his personality. Nobody will think anything of it (except u)

Now if u left n went home, then, yes, people would talk, n think u have issues...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts