Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you feel that you have to go out on Friday nights and weekends with friends? I guess, in other words, do you? Is it strange that I don't do that every weekend?

·
nm jc
451 Posts
Live your life and do what makes you happy. Don't give a fudge about what others think about you as long as your happy.

"You gotta live live for yourself not other people, it doesnt matter what they think, it doesn't matter what they think about you, it matter what you think about yourself"

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
I know lots of extroverted people who don't go out every weekend, it's nothing abnormal or uncool. I have been making a point to go out at least once every weekend as an exposure exercise though which has helped me but I certainly would not feel disappointed in myself if I did not for some reason and I don't think anyone should feel forced to do so if they do not feel like it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used to feel like a loser if I didn't go out and party and get drunk. Nowadays I only go out once a week or so, if that. Too much school work and I actually enjoy chillin at home. I quit alcohol so clubs aren't as fun anymore.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
these days its uncommon for me to stay in all weekend and when i do i get completely bored out of my skull.

i don't even have to socialize when i leave the house. i can go out on my own and do something alone, i just can't stand staying at home for too long and being in this environment.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I used to think I was such a loser for not going out everyone weekend. In college, it's what's expected of you to a certain extent. However, I've learned that going out when you don't want to or not going, the beating yourself up about it, will only make things worse. Just go out when you feel like it. It's your life.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I never go out on weekends. Not that I see a problem in it, I'd rather not go out, I like being alone, it's just a bit awkward when people talk about their plans and ask me what I'm doing and I don't know what to say.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yeah, i feel i have to

but after forcingg myself threw that brutal torture which is considered "going out and having a good time"
I suddenly dont feel like it. seriously, adults dont know how to have fun. all they do is sit and talk. kids got the right idea. if adults acted like kids, then id be out every night

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I definitely feel obligated to go out on weekends even if I might not be in the mood. It's probably good that I feel obligated because otherwise I'd probably never make it out of the house even though I usually feel bad after deciding to stay in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts