Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you ever go out by yourself? if some where are some of the places you go?

i go out to the mall and walk downtown often by myself and its really awkward when i notice im like the only one alone lol :|

·
Registered
213 Posts
I will go buy stuff on my own (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, the mall, etc.) and go to fast-food restaurants on my own, but I wouldn't go to a place like Applebee's or something on my own.

I've got no problem walking alone.

I'd never go to a bar or club by myself.

·
Lost
342 Posts
I go everywhere alone.

Yeah downtown, the mall or wherever I need to go. I've been to sporting events by myself as well. I normally do it when there are not many people around because I can't handle all the people looking at me and getting in the way etc.

I wouldn't go out to dinner, to the movies, or to a club or bar by myself though.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I will go buy stuff on my own (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, the mall, etc.) and go to fast-food restaurants on my own, but I wouldn't go to a place like Applebee's or something on my own.

I've got no problem walking alone.

I'd never go to a bar or club by myself.
:ditto After a while, you get used to it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I go everywhere alone except for grocery shopping cos I go with my siblings. I go to the movies alone, eat alone, shopping alone etc. It's lots of fun and nothing to feel ashamed about.

·
Registered
632 Posts
cinema,departmental store,esplanade(quite near my house),when to my neighbourhood to fed and played with stray dogs but it's really akward when peoples is looking at me and it's worse if peoples asked me why i touched the stray dogs?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I go to the shops alone, but I usually get stressed out and think people are looking at me. I prefer to go places with people, because I have trouble making decisions and feel much more self concious when I'm alone. I don't think that people will judge me because I'm alone, but I feel like they will notice I look anxious or indecisive. I go to work, uni etc alone, but that's OK because it's very structured and there are people there when I get there.

·
Banned
95 Posts
I have a problem going alone also. When I am alone my mind isn't occupied and starts to think ****. I start to feel anxious and start how I look or walk stupid, I start to think what others are thinking about me and so on. I am really bad at going out alone.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Everywhere. Shopping or walking is ok, at the movies I always feel like people are looking at me and thinking I'm sad, but s***w them I go anyway. I will go to a bar alone if I'm in a good enough mood and I psyche myself up for it, and I have gone to clubs alone but never really enjoyed it; it's such hard work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I go out alone and get paranoid that people are looking at me and judging me and whispering about me.
Like, "who is that guy alone?"
Then I feel like stores are watching that I don't steal, lol.

I've gone to the bar alone once to study. (yeah I know, it was a weds night or something and it was pretty empty)...a woman touched my arm and asked me to watch her stuff. 99% she wasn't trying to hit on me but 1%...:).

A lot of famous, desirable men from movies have been loners.
James Bond?
Have you seem American Gangster? Denzel Washington's character is a loner. Hell, lots of characters Denzel plays are, and many women find him sexy.

I like being alone because I feel judged all the time.

·
Monster
6,557 Posts
Not if I can help it. I hate to be looked at and having another person makes me feel a little more guarded.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Umm shopping, errands and things like that. I don't think I've ever gone out by myself to do something social, it would have to be with a friend. I've never gone clubbing and if I did decide to it would be with friends.

·
Registered
794 Posts
No. I haven't been out alone since December 2007 (except for one emergency last September for about 5 minutes).

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I go to the mall alone. I don't especially enjoy it - I just do it to get out among other human beings.

I've eaten out alone ONE time. It was in a crowded restaurant and felt so awkward. I was alone at a four-seater table with direct line of sight of people waiting at the door. I did not enjoy that meal.

Doing things alone can be depressing. I'd rather have someone else to do things with. Being out alone just reminds me how alone I really am.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.