Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor just prescribed me Stablon, as I'm part of the lucky few who can get it prescribed in their country. The access to the med is very restricted since september in France. It's a special secure prescription which is only valid 24hours. Perhaps why many online suppliers couldn't deliver that drug any longer, for those interested.

As usual, I'll wait to see how it goes before getting too enthusiastic, as I'm clearly depression-resistant, or rather, dysthymia-resistant. Hopefully it will have an effect.

As it's a rather scarce med, I'll report once in a while to tell you how it goes. I know SSRIs/SNRIs produce mild euphoria in the first couple days for me, so maybe my problem is serotonin related. After having tried a lot of meds without success, I'm pretty confused, I must say.

btw my pdoc put me off lamictal, as it produced nothing but drowsiness at 100mg/day.

·
Cheesus
4,144 Posts
Oh bacon why you always changing meds :p

Good luck man. It's a shame this drug isn't approved in Canada as it has lots of promise due to the fact that it's an SSRE.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh bacon why you always changing meds :p
haha, speak for yourself, mister newly psychotic depressed-ish.

Lets just say my doc doesn't like waiting as long as american docs. He's not the kind of guy who will ramp the prozac dosage and make you stay 2 months upon each dose increase.

Plus, apart from the lamictal, most meds I've been on are rather short-acting (abilify, cymbalta, valdoxan), and assessing their effectiveness was a quick process. Tianeptine is also a quick-acting med, hopefully it'll act soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Bacon still the same way, also live in France and also tried a lot of med !!
In order anafranil, paxil, cymbalta, effexor, valdoxan, lexapro, moclamine...

Never have test stablon, some of then have work great but only short time ( 2-3 month). Stablon have a bad reputation to pdoc in france because warning of the medical departement on supposed dangerous side effect, i think he probably will be remove from market in future. And i confirm pdoc in france aren't patient with AD ! Hope stablon will work for you ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Apparently stablon cause problems with dependency but i don't know in what extent.
It can cause severe liver/cutaneous damage. Now in france still september sablon are considered like a narcotic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know, but in france manufacturer of stablon have several problem with some drug wich apparently has severe side effect and trial against us have made a lot of noise in medias.

http://ansm.sante.fr/Activites/Surv...que-d-usage-detourne-ou-de-dependance/STABLON

It's the study of side effect addiction of stablon make by the governement but it's in french, i havn't find any study in english.

Personally i have nothing against stablon, never tested. But i think now in france there will be very hard to get a pdoc who will accept to make prescription of stablon !

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
The access to the med is very restricted since september in France. It's a special secure prescription which is only valid 24hours. Perhaps why many online suppliers couldn't deliver that drug any longer, for those interested.
don't worry they'll get it from other countries.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Frontside! So rare to see a French dude on an English forum, ha! I was starting to feel lonely. I've also taken some of the meds that you listed.

Concerning Stablon, I've heard it's mainly off the market because there have been a couple cases of addiction - people ramped up the dosage from 3 pills a day to 300 pills or so... in other words, idiots. I don't know about the liver or cutaneous reactions you mentioned, perhaps these are valid concerns as well.

I was lucky enough to find a very open minded doctor, after switching docs twice. The guy gives me any pill I want, as long as it's in his list. Whenever I come back, he goes "so, the previous pills haven't worked yet, what do you want next?" Very cool. I wonder if he'd be ok with me trying "harder" meds like Ritalin.

btw, Frontside, do you know if amphetamines can be prescribed by doctors in France? or is it illegal? There's very little info on the web.

As for my first day on Tianeptine, I didn't feel anything, at 3x12,5mg.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@ yay

Yeah agree with you !

@ mr bacon

Woo you are wery lucky to find a nice pdoc, open minded and patient, i'm live in Strasbourg and i've switch between 2 pdoc for get my drug in the past and i abondonned the idea to find a comprehensive pdoc in france after try to explain my problems at something like 7 pdoc but apparently i was wrong :)
At my own opinion for get a prescription of stimulant in france it's very very hard, stim are considered like narcotic (worse than stablon), and you need to "prove" to you have ADD which is the approuved indication for stim in france, but in france ADD doesn't exist after the age of 13...
I invite you to look my thread (stimulant alternative in AD combos) for more info. But yes stim can be prescribe in fr (we only have ritalin and concerta wich is a ritalin xr). Btw you live in paris you can also give a try at
Clinique des Maladies Mentales et de l'Encéphale de l'Hôpital Sainte-Anne

It's the only medical center in france who can diagnosis a ADD in adult but not sure if it give you stim...

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the info frontside.

So far day 4 on tianeptine and I still don't feel anything. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm still taking Stablon, 3 pills a day. I'm at the 2 weeks mark and I'm not feeling anything so far...

·
Banned
424 Posts
Please keep us updated. I'm going to take wellbutrin and stablon once I've finished my EC stack in a few months.
BTW, even though you're not feeling anything, is your condition getting better?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts