Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Paranoid Freak
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to go on holiday, but the problem is that i have nobody to go with. I'm too old to go with my mother, not that i even want to, that would suck the fun out of a holiday because i would always get into fights with my mother, talking from prior holiday experiences.
My brother or sister wouldn't go along with me even if i offered them a free trip. They just realize how awkward i am, and probably loathe the idea of going on holiday with me for a few weeks. I do have some acquaintances at college, but i have no (close) friends with whom i hang out in my spare time, go out and do fun things, let alone friends whom i can ask to go on holiday with.

Now there is an opportunity for me to go to New York (i live in Europe; i've never been to the States) and see some of the East Coast for 3 weeks in January on a roundtrip for 500 euros ($600 dollars excl. accomodation).

Obviously unlike Asia or South-America, the US is not the place where you would go on holiday alone, nor is it a place for lone travellers. And i'm not a backpacking type and i get really anxious at the idea of going to a hostel and socializing with fellow travelers; i would just embarrass myself.

The problem now is; i'm already 22 and i've missed out on a lot of places i want to visit in the world, just because i have nobody to go with and i'm afraid to death to go somewhere alone, because then i wouldn't enjoy it and feel miserable.

Anyone recognize this? :sigh

·
Registered
89 Posts
Heck yeah man. I'm in the same boat since almost everyone I know is married, so I have no one to vacation with.

I was just in new york city earlier this week. You should definitely visit there at some point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.