Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My entire English class is going for a 5-day trip to NYC in about a month. I'm so sure my SA is going to ruin it for me. I know from my experience visiting other smaller places that I couldn't even go in the stores or purchase food. I just didnt eat the entire day. I obviously can't do that this time!

NYC is a cool place. I want to be able to go shopping! And actually enjoy my stay (nevermind that i have to share a room with people i dont know :O).

Do you guys have any tips for talking to people (i.e. store clerks, etc.) or for feeling confident temporarily, or for saying to myself to boost my spirit?. I know everyone wants these! But i mean temporarily. It's only a couple days. i don't want to end up doing the (all-too-likely) scenario of staying in my hotel room for the entire trip.

· SAS Member
31,308 Posts
Try to go places with a small group of people. The people you're rooming with would be perfect to hang out with on your trip. When going into stores try to focus on what your doing instead of thinking of what other people might be thinking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.