Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ScrewedUp
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help?

Social anxiety is hard enough in itself. Add on generalized anxiety, depression, and insomnia and you've got quite the beast! I am trying to fight it with the help of medications and counseling. My doctor and I are still working to find the correct dosages and all. Counseling helps the day I go and usually the day after as well, but by the time I go back it's like starting all over. I have to force myself to go back again each time. It is very discouraging.:no
I just don't know what to do. I don't have friends to help me through this and I don't think my family knows how to react.
Does anyone relate? Any tips or ideas to help with coping?:help

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm really sorry about what you're going through! I'm diagnosed with co occurring disorders too, and it can really *****ing suck. It takes a really long time to find the right combination of medications, so just hang in there! If might help you if you kept a journal and logged your mood and symptoms on a scale of 1-10, or something, because it would help you vent and you would also have a record of your symptoms, which could be really helpful to your doctors. I made like this little box for myself for when I'm in times of crisis. It has my favorite music on a cd, a book, little reminders of happy times, and my crisis plan if I may be danger to myself. I really hope you begin to feel better! If you ever need someone to vent to, feel free to message me!

·
ScrewedUp
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really sorry about what you're going through! I'm diagnosed with co occurring disorders too, and it can really *****ing suck. It takes a really long time to find the right combination of medications, so just hang in there! If might help you if you kept a journal and logged your mood and symptoms on a scale of 1-10, or something, because it would help you vent and you would also have a record of your symptoms, which could be really helpful to your doctors. I made like this little box for myself for when I'm in times of crisis. It has my favorite music on a cd, a book, little reminders of happy times, and my crisis plan if I may be danger to myself. I really hope you begin to feel better! If you ever need someone to vent to, feel free to message me!
Yeah it really does suck. I'm sorry you're going through similar circumstances as well. I will try logging everything that's a great idea! As well as the box I will definitely do that one. Thank you for everything. You can message me as well!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I woke up with extreme anxiety this morning and can't shake this feeling. Supposed to go out for groceries as we have none but I really can't bring myself to do it. I took a swig of coconut rum, some left over Lyrica and Prozac I had and just waiting for some type of numbness to kick in to calm my nerves:( I really don't know what to do anymore as the docs are saying only time and talk therapy will help me. What the **** do I do in the meantime?!?!:eek: Sorry you feel like you are going crazy as I have been there many times and it has hit me again seemingly out of the blue?? Good luck on your quest and hope you have more luck than I...:|

·
Registered
15 Posts
Social anxiety is hard enough in itself. Add on generalized anxiety, depression, and insomnia and you've got quite the beast! I am trying to fight it with the help of medications and counseling. My doctor and I are still working to find the correct dosages and all. Counseling helps the day I go and usually the day after as well, but by the time I go back it's like starting all over. I have to force myself to go back again each time. It is very discouraging.:no
I just don't know what to do. I don't have friends to help me through this and I don't think my family knows how to react.
1. You're not going crazy.
2. You're on the right path.
3. You will get over this; you already took all the necessary steps... it just takes time. ;)

·
ScrewedUp
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I woke up with extreme anxiety this morning and can't shake this feeling. Supposed to go out for groceries as we have none but I really can't bring myself to do it. I took a swig of coconut rum, some left over Lyrica and Prozac I had and just waiting for some type of numbness to kick in to calm my nerves:( I really don't know what to do anymore as the docs are saying only time and talk therapy will help me. What the **** do I do in the meantime?!?!:eek: Sorry you feel like you are going crazy as I have been there many times and it has hit me again seemingly out of the blue?? Good luck on your quest and hope you have more luck than I...:|
That's rough I'm sorry. It's difficult for me to go shopping as well, especially alone. Good luck to you too! Thanks for your reply.

·
ScrewedUp
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. You're not going crazy.
2. You're on the right path.
3. You will get over this; you already took all the necessary steps... it just takes time. ;)
I sure feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. :thanksfor your vote of confidence!

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's rough I'm sorry. It's difficult for me to go shopping as well, especially alone. Good luck to you too! Thanks for your reply.
Thank you for your empathy and confirmation that I am not alone in this struggle. I know I cannot go shopping today, am hoping for tonight as I need to get out of the house.:b

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was and am going through all the anxieties and depression insomnia as well. what has and is helping me is medication and counseling. takes patience and dedication, which is usually never have. but in time u will see results and some of the symptoms will lessen. i like to read quotes that brighten my day and help me with acceptance of certain things i struggle with. also if a medication is not working dont be afraid to ask for another or even request a med u may have heard about previously. its a struggle and i know , every day we struggle and people have noooo freakin idea lol. stay strong

·
Finding myself
173 Posts
I am prescribed Lexapro for GAD and depression.
My gosh, it's horrible I've already contemplated suicide and the hard part is that I feel like no one cares.
But I refuse to take that Lexapro and what makes it worse was when I called for when I want to be in patient for this mental facility, the girl on the other line as if is more annoyed at me calling than trying to help, same with the pharmacists, they look at me as if I should just kill myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Amak 1228. I don't have a lot of friends either. I don't think my boyfriends family knows how to react either. I am constantly being told to chill out. Did you take your medication today? If not, you should of. That is what I hear a lot of the time, and I am use to it now. Nothing has changed on her end. She still does/says things to to tick me off. I try to explain to her how it feels but, she doesn't want to listen or give me the time of day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts