Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i was doing a college course that i passed. Since leaving college i have had constant anxiety. I find it hard a college because everybody seems smarter than me i have slight learning difficulty how should as a person deal with it?

·
Banned
642 Posts
Last year i was doing a college course that i passed. Since leaving college i have had constant anxiety. I find it hard a college because everybody seems smarter than me i have slight learning difficulty how should as a person deal with it?
Take online classes (if possible). Most universities offer free or reduced-rate counseling.

·
Star Child
251 Posts
Online classes aren't a bad idea I just find them difficult to proceed with. It's easier in a class setting for me but everyone is different in that respect. Personally I'd recommend you not allow yourself to believe somebody is smarter than you. Sure, you may have trouble learning, so spend extra time on it or find methods that help you understand the material quicker or a way that gives you a better foundation on understanding what you're reading or applying.

The anxiety portion of it may be what is holding you back and inevitably what could prohibit you from succeeding, so I recommend you try to filter out those around you if you are concerned about them being smarter or approach somebody and ask them if they could assist you with what you're having difficulty with. It's not as hard as you'd think because you have a common topic with somebody to keep the conversation flowing. Being the classroom, the course, the instructor and just how difficult the material would make easy conversation. If it's strictly just the anxiety then perhaps online classes would be better but only you can decide which is the best route for you to continue with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts