Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always believed that things happen for a reason and that god has a plan for us all, I'm just confused right now about why everything lately seems to be causing me so much misery. :(

I just hope things start looking up soon, cause I have been incredibly depressed lately and withdrawn. I need some kind of boost. :fall

·
Registered
540 Posts
St Julian once used the phrase "Dark Night of the soul"...I think depending on what's causing the depression, you can experience that for a short time or months,not just a night.
I really dislike the word "depression" because of the stigma attached...I think I prefer "sadness"...
Like you said, things happen for a reason...I went through a particular dark period that lasted for about 6 months...to be honest I feel I gained a lot from that experience. though I wouldn't want to do it again.
Hope you feel better soon and find some answers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ryanoles.. I will be praying for you as well. It's hard going through the valley but with God's help he will bring you out and you will be an even stronger person. I have been having some times of discouragement too, but God gave me this verse and maybe it will be a source of encouragement to you.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Keep looking Up!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think we all have SA for a reason and that is to view people and earth from a completly different perspective then the average person. The one thing that always cheers me up when I am down is that life has balance you cant always be happy and you cant always be sad you will be happy and enjoying life again sooner rather then later

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think we are allowed to suffer for a reason. Sometimes it helps us build qualities we otherwise wouldn't have, like a motivation to deeper faith, a desire to humbly accept help from God and the good people around us, a renewing of our understanding about why we are in crisis and what will put others in crisis, later, if not now.

I think that if you manage to hang in through the depression and all else that happens to you, and manage to keep trying different treatments and techniques, you will come to know yourself and learn to be more effective in living and enjoying life. You may even be able to help someone else learn to be more effective or to enjoy life. What if I can do this?

For me, lots of depression and anxiety forced me to accept that, duh, I can't save myself. I need Christ's help. It also forced me to accept who I am. I could not accept that I am not just like what I think everyone else is like. Then I had to accept there could be use for a person like me in the world. And now I am learning to accept my responsibility to be the best version of me. And it all started in despair because I wasn't exactly like other people. And I'm starting to wonder with excitement where it will all lead.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Western Wall...I liked what you had to say...and I agree...out of bad comes good...and it does draw you closer to God, when you realize that you just can't do it on your own...but who would want to anyway?
the second verse on my rosary meditation is "Jesus said, "without me, you can do nothing." Over and over again i need to be reminded of this...and I feel better knowing that Jesus had it planned that way...and it is ok to need Him. Not just OK, but essential.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ryan , hang in there man! When I was younger , I felt the same way as you do , always down and it all seemed pointless , like"why me?" Eventually I felt like I came out of a dark tunnel , and everything was okay. Maybe I just had to come to know and accept myself , who knows ? Just give it time , hopefully it will work out for you the same way . I think you seem like a really good guy , you just have to realize it yourself!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts