Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some goals you are proud of accomplishing? Feel free to share anything

One of the toughest goals I've accomplished was doing 1,500 drawings in a month. I was inspired by some youtube poster who claimed that you had to do 50 drawings a day to become great at drawing. I did this while being employed as well. A lot of the drawings I did were small and quick, but I still got a ton of practice. I don't set drawing goals solely based on the number of drawings anymore. If I did again, I'd have to specify that they were all quality drawings.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
I have a Benz. Always wanted one. Finally made enough to buy one.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
I accomplished having a super high achievement count in world of warcraft. Got a lot of hard ones that i had to be in groups for. Also accomplished cleaning out my moms old apartment which had a lot of stuff in it with only your help. Accomplished no longer needing my family for any kind of support as well.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
major accomplishments

causing people to laugh with me

and having not killed anyone

·
Registered
190 Posts
I accomplished having a super high achievement count in world of warcraft.
Congrats on the achievements.:clap

I like Warcraft but online games make me very nervous my hands actually started shaking when I was in a group. I had to stop playing because of that but I did enjoy my time playing.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a lot of drawing. Congrats on completing that one. :clap
Thanks :) Even though a lot of the drawings were quick and small it still was a real challenge.

I also get nervous in online games. I can often manage as damage, but if I heal or tank I get the shakiness you mentioned for sure. Also too nervous to start groups. Doesn't help that there are so many people in online games who will be jerks to you if you do the slightest thing wrong :( If I make a mistake I often just leave the group because I have too much anxiety to deal with what might happen

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In 2009 I set a goal to do something new each week and accomplished it. http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f10/try-something-new-each-week-55926/ My life eventually started going downhill again, but that year was life changing and I had tons of improvement. I definitely recommend trying it or something similar to anyone who wants to. All the new things that put me in new social situations helped a lot(the trying new foods, not so much :lol )

·
blob
1,221 Posts
Congrats :) That is a tough one, at least for me. I always had trouble with nervous sweating when I had interviews
yea, my heart was beating really fast, but it definitely helped that the manager who interviewed me was super nice, outgoing, talkative, friendly, and inviting. i kinda lucked out on that one :)

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1500 drawings? That's pretty impressive, actually. Is that what you were doing, like, all day?
Thanks :) I had a job delivering auto parts at the time. I did most of the drawings at home after work(especially ones that were more quality), but some I quickly worked on any chance I got at work. A lot of the drawings were very simple, especially the ones I did at work. I tried to practice things like drawing the wrinkles on my clothes or practicing shading in general on the simple ones.

·
fleeting
719 Posts
In 2009 I set a goal to do something new each week and accomplished it. http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f10/try-something-new-each-week-55926/ My life eventually started going downhill again, but that year was life changing and I had tons of improvement. I definitely recommend trying it or something similar to anyone who wants to. All the new things that put me in new social situations helped a lot(the trying new foods, not so much :lol )
That's so cool :D I like how you documented everything. I should really do something like this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts