Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some goals that you've failed that you'd like to try again? Or maybe a project you abandoned and would like to resume?

Years ago I set a goal to write everyday for 1,000 days. I can't remember how far I got, but I eventually quit. I wouldn't mind trying this goal again with another subject. Like maybe stone carve everyday for a 1,000 days or maybe finish a small carving a day for a certain time period.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Never did approach a woman in public. Can't try it now but if I'm single again

·
Registered
565 Posts
Probably try to pass my driving test again!
Failed lots of times years ago, and gave up.
Apparently I was a decent driver (otherwise my instructor wouldn't have kept putting me in for my test and risk ruining his pass rate success stats!), but I'm just a ball of nerves and I don't think straight. Also very expensive to try again.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably try to pass my driving test again!
Failed lots of times years ago, and gave up.
Apparently I was a decent driver (otherwise my instructor wouldn't have kept putting me in for my test and risk ruining his pass rate success stats!), but I'm just a ball of nerves and I don't think straight. Also very expensive to try again.
Good luck if you try again. A friend of mine failed a bunch before he passed. I failed my first try. I always get nervous when I have a passenger I'm not super used to. When I had a auto parts delivery job some of my worst anxiety moments were when I was required to have someone ride along with me. Not sure if it contributed but I quit about the time they had me ride with people a couple days in a row. The anxiety and my other problems were getting to be too much.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I achieved this goal, but I wouldn't mind retrying my goal of doing 52 new things in a year. It just was a fun goal and the social things I did seemed to help a lot in my life. It would be nice if I could make it all art related or art and social challenge related. While eating new foods is fun it doesn't help much with self-improvement

·
Registered
190 Posts
Losing weight is a goal I've abandoned and really need to take up again. I would like to start working on it some time this month. I'll have to start after the 4th of July though because of BBQ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts