Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been stuck in a rut for months now and so I've decided to push myself. I used to do this pyramid thingie with the help of my psych where I would do different exposure excercises of various difficulty. I stopped after finishing school but my therapist suggested I start again. Putting this in writing will hopefully motivate to do all these things. I decided to do the following before next Tues Aug 9 when I see my psych again.

1. Call my friend from college who I have'nt spoken to in 4 months. I got this done a couple days ago and we talked for about a hour and a half. It went better than I expected. I think I have more problems with anticipatory anxiety than anything else. I didn't call anybody for about 4 weeks. Anyways, I'll probably call him again later this week and go watch a movie.

2. This is freaking me out a bit. Call two companies and inquire about job opportunities. I've been sitting on my *** since school ended in December. I did apply to the post office and took an entrance exam but I won't know the results for another 6-8 weeks. I don't know really how to get started cause my avoidance of things is crazy. If I know I don't absolutely have to do something, then I just rather not think about it to avoid the anxiety. If I know I have to do something I don't want to do, then my mind goes into overload and the anxiety kicks in. I hope I can get this done this week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hate having to call any1!!! I just can't seem to do it. I was supposed to call an online friend back in june so we can meet up, it's late august and I still haven't got the nerve to do it. I just freak out when it comes to making phone calls. This is my goal for th week, finally call my freind up.

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
plan-prepare-do

I have phonecall anxiety from time to time. Fairly recently I wanted to call one of my friends from highschool who I hadn't spoken to in a couple of months. I was thinking over and over again about how upset she would be that I hadn't called. So I wrote down a small messege and rectied it to myself before the call--when I called her voicemail picked up and it was a pretty fluid messege. She called back the following day and we hung out a few times after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts