Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
bipolar
16,801 Posts
Thanks Don :)

Peer support worker for older people with mental health problems. Hopefully I can do some good there :)
That sounds familiar - I'll be heading over right after this pandemic is finished mate. :)

But seriously, that sounds good Bob - I'm sure you'll be very good at that.

·
SUS Member
10,548 Posts
Honestly, my only goal is to still be alive at the end of the year. Not sure how that's going to happen with the way things are heading, but my life's too insanely messed up to make any other goal practical.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,514 Posts
I'm in a pretty good place right now, I could stand to lose some weight and also fix my fence. I don't really have any goals though. I do plan on sleeping in though, that is my goal for tonight, a nice long *** night (well morning) of sleep. Goodnight all <3

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,056 Posts
I don't have any goals that are realistically in my control at all. Like I would like to get 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours on my YouTube channel by late July (then I can requalify for partnership and they can demonetise all my videos :') anyway) I have 1000~ watch hours atm and close to 120 subscribers (I'm hoping to beat my YouTube record for subscribers too which is about 120 on another channel.) As I say this is almost entirely out of my control and up to algorithms. (Also tbh I've already gotten way past what I thought I would, until late December I had about 20 watch hours built up over several months just to show how random it is.)

I guess I'd like to improve the audio quality on my videos which isn't great atm. Going to try messing around with my recording device's settings (it's not a traditional mic exactly it's a Zoom H1.) I initially bought it for field recording/samples for music but when I was looking into it I did try to investigate whether it would be OK quality for YouTube in case I ever decided to get back into that, and people said it was. I don't know much about the technical side of audio though. I realised mp3 recording on this device is lower quality (and I was recording in mp3, there was a reason I was doing this but can't remember maybe some program I was using before,) so hoping that switching to wav helps and will have to try other stuff too. It's just something that I need to fix. Also I'm really awkward anyway because it's me and I don't have a charismatic personality, but yeah hopefully improving this will at least help. Also it was expensive and I don't want to spend more money on audio equipment right now.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,905 Posts
If we're speaking of short term ones in this case...

Get started on a few creative side projects/hobbies I've long procrastinated for years.

Find an at least decent primary care doctor... yet again. Been several years of cat and mouse of this.

Try to figure out why my sister and dad cut off contact from me, and try to reconnect.

Find 2 more housemates to sublet for some side income.

·
Super Moderator
33,765 Posts
Find 2 more housemates to sublet for some side income.
I wouldn't think this would be all that difficult but then again, I think I'd be really leery of people I didn't know anything about. You must be either a very trusting person or very good at background checks. :lol

·
customusertitle
740 Posts
I'm not really in a position to set any goals. I don't think there's much I can do to make my life marginally better. I've had my worst nervous breakdown last year.

I think I'd settle for having 2 friends by the end of the year. I think it's possible for mentally ill people to have friends so it doesn't seem too impossible. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to ground my thoughts in reality without talking to other people.

Most people seem so alien though and vice versa, so it feels impossible still.

·
Registered
138 Posts
1. Make a friend
2. Apply to graduate school
3. Learn how to express empathy/sadness for someone whose friend/relative just died

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I didn't make any this year. I did start going to the gym again when I was off during the Christmas/New Years time period and wanted to get back to that this year. But I've been working late often this year so far so that hasn't worked out as well as it hoped. Planning tomorrow night though.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,056 Posts
I don't have any goals that are realistically in my control at all. Like I would like to get 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours on my YouTube channel by late July (then I can requalify for partnership and they can demonetise all my videos :') anyway) I have 1000~ watch hours atm and close to 120 subscribers (I'm hoping to beat my YouTube record for subscribers too which is about 120 on another channel.) As I say this is almost entirely out of my control and up to algorithms. (Also tbh I've already gotten way past what I thought I would, until late December I had about 20 watch hours built up over several months just to show how random it is.)
I got 1000 subscribers (and 7.5k watch hours so far) :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
At the beginning of this year I set as a goal to start my illustration freelancing career, find a job that can help me pay the bills, finish my master's thesis, make new friends and find a boyfriend hahaha. I've done everything but the last one but today I decided not to care about that one anymore. Being able to achieve all of the other ones and trying to keep them is more important than being forever single. If I am to be forever single, so be it, I won't mind anymore :D

21 - 33 of 33 Posts