Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 896 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
Joined
·
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your goal for tomorrow?

My goal is to go fishing somewhere frequented by people.
 

·
Protector of the Den
Joined
·
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went fishing. Caught a catfish and a gobbie. An old man came over and talked to me and my friend.

My new goal for tomorrow is to smile when around other people

Come on, someone must want to set a goal for tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Congrats on meeting your goal!

My goal for tomorrow: Return item I accidently stole from Home Depot today (self-checkout issues). Should I bother explaining it to the returns employee or just put it back on the shelf? Probably just put it back. Which is less weird? I ended up not needing the part anyway.
 

·
Protector of the Den
Joined
·
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you all achieved your goals.

RubyLynn, what did you decide to do? It would be awkward, but I think it would be best to take it to a returns employee.

My goal for tomorrow is to say hi to five strangers
 

·
Call Me !!!!
Joined
·
4,066 Posts
My goal for tomorrow is to go to Karate without beating myself up about how bad my skin or hair looks and to survive another day of suicidal feelings. I dont know which one is gonna be harder.

Note to self : I dont wanna be you anymore.
 

·
Walking in the light
Joined
·
3,662 Posts
Take my girls shopping, actually leave the city!

And fishing sounds like fun, haven't been in eons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
slylikeafox said:
RubyLynn, what did you decide to do? It would be awkward, but I think it would be best to take it to a returns employee.
Ah, I just put it back on the shelf. No problem. But today I got the wrong ink for my printer and have to return that. I must have some kind of shopping disability. :eyes

How are the other goals going?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,208 Posts
My goal for tomorrow is to get my hair cut and go to the grocery. No specific social goals.
 

·
scorp1966
Joined
·
46 Posts
My goal is to drive to my friends place after work. I just got my license last month and a car last week. This will be the furthest i have driven by myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,208 Posts
Where will you go on this outing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,888 Posts
ardrum said:
Where will you go on this outing?
Oh I took my two nieces to the city's Emergency Preparedness event where 911/military/electric/gas/etc. people show off all their equipment and so forth. Then we went downtown, to a park, and did the supper thing afterwards. By the time I got home, 13 hours had passed and I was exhausted. Good day though. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,208 Posts
Just Lurking said:
ardrum said:
Where will you go on this outing?
Oh I took my two nieces to the city's Emergency Preparedness event where 911/military/electric/gas/etc. people show off all their equipment and so forth. Then we went downtown, to a park, and did the supper thing afterwards. By the time I got home, 13 hours had passed and I was exhausted. Good day though. :)
Wow, that does sound like a good day. How old are they?

EDIT: Didn't do the grocery/haircut thing. I'll do it today though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,888 Posts
ardrum said:
Wow, that does sound like a good day. How old are they?
They are 8 and 11. I love hanging out with them; they are a pair of great kids. They also tend to reduce my anxiety to much lower levels, a side effect of being so pre-occupied with their well-being.

ardrum said:
Didn't do the grocery/haircut thing. I'll do it today though.
I put that sort of stuff off to the last possible minute. Down with haircuts!

So, Mother's Day visit and dinner today/tonight. This coming week I think I may check out the world of stocks, starting at the very beginning with a copy of "Stocks for Dummies". No sense having money collect dust with interest rates weaker than that of inflation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,208 Posts
Just Lurking said:
ardrum said:
Wow, that does sound like a good day. How old are they?
They are 8 and 11. I love hanging out with them; they are a pair of great kids. They also tend to reduce my anxiety to much lower levels, a side effect of being so pre-occupied with their well-being.
I notice an identical phenomenon whenever I've hung out with my nephews. They're much younger, but my consciousness is just wrapped up "in the moment" instead of in my thoughts when I'm around them. Of course, then it gets to be physically tiring from being tackled all day. :lol It's worth it though, as I want to be the best uncle I can be.

Just Lurking said:
ardrum said:
Didn't do the grocery/haircut thing. I'll do it today though.
I put that sort of stuff off to the last possible minute. Down with haircuts!
Yeah, I hate haircuts, but I get one about every 4-5 weeks. I don't have anything fancy to deal with though, so it's quick at least.

Just Lurking said:
So, Mother's Day visit and dinner today/tonight. This coming week I think I may check out the world of stocks, starting at the very beginning with a copy of "Stocks for Dummies". No sense having money collect dust with interest rates weaker than that of inflation.
Ooh! This is something I took an interest in last year. Two books that really helped me out:

The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing
A Random Walk Down Wall Street

I now have a Roth IRA account at vanguard.com as a result.
 

·
Spectacular Member
Joined
·
21,089 Posts
live another day
 
1 - 20 of 896 Posts
Top