Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a Google search for "Why am I so lazy?" and never would have guessed it would lead me here. Still need to get back to that thread but (you guessed it) I am too lazy to do that right now. I'm 41 years old and didn't even seek help for my SA until about 2 years ago. I'm on Paxil but ramping down.

I've gained about 30 pounds in the year since starting on Paxil, and gained about 30 in the 2 years before that...following a divorce after a 10 year relationship/7 year marriage (my choice, no regrets there) and resigning from a 10 year job (also no regrets). Even though I made those changes, for the better, I didn't handle it very well. I basically spent 4 months on the couch. More on that later.

So now I'm feeling heavy, lethargic, unmotivated, and pissed at myself. I have a good job and I'm with my soulmate who loves me just as I am, but I am still not happy with myself.

I'm looking forward to getting on my PC keyboard instead of this little phone kehpad soI can start reading threads more easily (lazy) and add my own thoughts at normal typing speed as opposed to the 2 thumb method.

It will be good to have a place to get my thoughts out and know that someone who reads it might actually understand.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey Ellen :)

I'm 24 and have has SA since i finished high school in 2004. I've also gained weight. 40kgs, and I'm unmotivated more than I'm lazy.

Don't be pissed at yourself. It's suggesting you're at fault. NOBODY is at fault. It's just the way life has taken us :) I sound like a little religious freak or something hey?
Lol I'm so not.
Welcome to here anyways. Go on chat, there's tons of wonderful people who really will motivate you to do what you want to do.
I'm not happy with myself either, but thanks to making friends on here, I've managed to go out each day with my partner's cousin for a walk and I'm starting to feel better.
If you think your meds have contributed to weight gain, I'd go back to the doctor. I'm on Effexor XP. Which isn't really helping etiher, but if I'm leaving the house then it must be doing something right hey?

Alexi x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome

Thanks for the reply! Just downloaded the mobile app...much better already.

I know I'm going to be pulling up a big ol' oversized chair and make myself at home here. How I didn't find it sooner, I don't know.

Off to explore...

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, EllenR1969! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey EllenR1969 welcome. :hyper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.