Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im kinda anxious about this. I want to give a valentines gift to two of my coworkers who are girls who have been very kind to me and my sister during our struggles in the job. Is it cool to give them a gift on valentines as a kind gesture of friendship? Or will it be odd?

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
Depends on the gift. I would stick with safe bets like candy or stuffed animals. No lingerie or anal lube. They might get the wrong idea. It would also depend on the office culture. Even an innocent box of candy might be misinterpreted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think its odd at all. Everyone likes to get gifts, especially on a horrendous day like valentines. Although I do have to agree with that guy ^^ be wise in what you choose to give. It seems slim to me that a box of candy will be misinterpreted..unless its out of the blue..but you said you're friends so seems like it'll go over as a friendly gesture. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
That's not odd at all. I give valentine's/gifts to my friends on that day. Just make sure they don't get the wrong message lol. I'm sure they'll appreciate your gesture of kindness as well :)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Depends on the gift, and the individual. Honestly the gesture is usually appreciated unless picked out with the sole intention of being insulting.

What do you think would be a fit present? Huge fluffy teddy bears saying I love you to someone you barely know would be an example of a "Well uh thanks.. I dont know you like that but uh yeah" kind of vibe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to let anyone know my gift is just a chocolate mini cake. When i say mini it means its good for like 2 people for sharing. But deaigned to be for one only

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to let anyone know my gift is just a chocolate mini cake. When i say mini it means its good for like 2 people for sharing. But deaigned to be for one only

1 - 7 of 7 Posts