Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really into this guy right now. Thing is I've only known him for a couple weeks. But I am never, I mean never, attracted to people right off the bat. I have always been attracted to guys over time, after they spent some time pursuing me. But this time I'm sure I feel drawn to him.

Out of other people's experience though, is it best to wait and let a friendship deepen, or to come out straight away with the fact that I'm really into him? And see what he has to say about that? I mean, assuming I don't freeze up and wuss out ...

I just really need to hear other people's perspective on the matter because I'm so inexperienced on the matter of initiating such things. I think we've been flirting, but I actually have no clue how to find out what the flirting means. He teases me a lot, and although I have great comebacks as a defense mechanism, I can't help but take people's words for literal truths, even when I know they are teasing. And thus I don't know if he's into me or not at all.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think we're anywhere near a relationship. Not even sure we're compatible for that! But I think I will bring it up anyway, just so that I can have it out in the open and hope that we can still be friends no matter what. And if not, maybe it's not a good enough friendship anyway.

I think you're right about the bluntness. Which is something I'm trying to work on in my life, because I'm really bad at being straight forward, though it's what I would most like to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts