Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really into this guy right now. Thing is I've only known him for a couple weeks. But I am never, I mean never, attracted to people right off the bat. I have always been attracted to guys over time, after they spent some time pursuing me. But this time I'm sure I feel drawn to him.

Out of other people's experience though, is it best to wait and let a friendship deepen, or to come out straight away with the fact that I'm really into him? And see what he has to say about that? I mean, assuming I don't freeze up and wuss out ...

I just really need to hear other people's perspective on the matter because I'm so inexperienced on the matter of initiating such things. I think we've been flirting, but I actually have no clue how to find out what the flirting means. He teases me a lot, and although I have great comebacks as a defense mechanism, I can't help but take people's words for literal truths, even when I know they are teasing. And thus I don't know if he's into me or not at all.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Tell him that you are interested in getting to know him a little better - and ask if he would be interested to go on a date with you to get to know each other. No strings attached. Then, after some time, if ever you are ready to make it a boyfreind-girlfriend relationship then let him know when that happens.

Guys are straight-forward there is no need to impress or make shallow conversation. He will like that bluntness unless he is gay.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I would let him know. Pay him a compliment or two along the lines of "You look very handsome today." If you're feeling particularly brazen, substitute "sexy" for "handsome." :D Or you could say "Y'know, I really like you." Either of these is a fairly obvious way of letting him know that you're into him. Smile, make lots of eye contact, touch him - give him a hug, take his arm, touch his hand "accidentally". He's probably going to be flattered by the attention, and he should respond. If you're really unlucky, he might respond by backing off, but at least you'll know where you stand, and you wont waste time getting all dewy-eyed over him ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think we're anywhere near a relationship. Not even sure we're compatible for that! But I think I will bring it up anyway, just so that I can have it out in the open and hope that we can still be friends no matter what. And if not, maybe it's not a good enough friendship anyway.

I think you're right about the bluntness. Which is something I'm trying to work on in my life, because I'm really bad at being straight forward, though it's what I would most like to be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
He could actually be thinking the same thing as you right now. If I was the guy, I would want you to tell me your feelings and then we could discuss it. I appreciate honesty and being open so if a girl is into me I'd like to know :D. It shouldn't scare any guy away..if he doesn't feel the same way then at least you tried. I hope it works out for you :)

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
I was in the same position. Never been really attracted to guys until this ONE guy came along. I really wanted to pursue him. So I made sure to talk and joke with him a lot, and sort of get a vibe of what he thought of me. When things seemed to be going good, I blurted out "I like you." and confessed it all. Guess what? He liked me too and everything is working out perfectly. Sometimes you just have to take a leap!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts