Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do guys find girls with pixie cuts boyish and unattractive?

I used to have long hair that reached passed my belly button, but last year I was feeling fed up and ended up chopping it all off on a whim. My friends and family were all really nice about it, but I feel like it makes me stand out and look like a human toothpick. But mostly it makes me feel really manish and awkward and exposed.

I have some guy friends who said that they prefer me with a pixie cut, but they're my friends so they have to say that. Also, they tease me about looking like a guy from behind, which actually really resonates with me because when I was a kid and had a bowl cut, I was constantly mistaken for a boy by my teachers and peers.

·
I am a wildcat
2,266 Posts
It obviously depends on the guy, and whether it suits the girl.

But in general I'd say they look good.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yes, to me they are. I dont like short hair on any girl. They don't look like feminine to me at all. But, there are guys who don't mind about a girl's hair.

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
Some do. In fact, I got more attention from guys when my hair was really short. It doesn't automatically look boyish, but if it does that can look cute, too.
You can't/won't please every guy, so do what you like with your hair.

·
609 Posts
I wish I could get away with a pixie cut. I think it's cute on girls.

Short hair makes girls look edgy and different;)

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
I love pixie cuts. I wish I had the hair to pull it off, unfortunately it just wouldn't work with mine (but I don't have the bone structure for it anyway). Love it, though. And a lot of guys have a thing for pixie cuts, too, cause they're adorable.

·
Cynical Idealist
1,339 Posts
It does depend on the girl, obviously, but for the most part I find them really attractive. Something about short hair on girls just works for my eyes. And no, it doesn't have anything to do with looking like a dude - if you can pull off a pixie cut, I find it very feminine.

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
Do guys find girls with pixie cuts boyish and unattractive?

I used to have long hair that reached passed my belly button, but last year I was feeling fed up and ended up chopping it all off on a whim. My friends and family were all really nice about it, but I feel like it makes me stand out and look like a human toothpick. But mostly it makes me feel really manish and awkward and exposed.

I have some guy friends who said that they prefer me with a pixie cut, but they're my friends so they have to say that.
Also, they tease me about looking like a guy from behind, which actually really resonates with me because when I was a kid and had a bowl cut, I was constantly mistaken for a boy by my teachers and peers.
No, they don't. They could say "I like both, but I think I still prefer the long hair", or something equally considerate, if they thought you should grow it back out.

Ps. I used to have a pixie cut and I got a lot of compliments from guys. I don't think you should worry :>

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, they don't. They could say "I like both, but I think I still prefer the long hair", or something equally considerate, if they thought you should grow it back out.

Ps. I used to have a pixie cut and I got a lot of compliments from guys. I don't think you should worry :>
Thanks for that. I guess so?
Ps. How long did it take for you to grow it out? I've been trying to for a little over three months, and the awkward growing out stage is killing me.

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
Thanks for that. I guess so?
Ps. How long did it take for you to grow it out? I've been trying to for a little over three months, and the awkward growing out stage is killing me.
I don't remember(I've done it twice), haha, but it's definitely a b~itch. Invest in going to a good hairdresser who can cut your hair in a shape that will grow nicely into a variation of a bob, for example. How long are your bangs?

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
Haha yeah. Good advice. My bangs are just sideswept bangs, but if I brush it forward it reaches a little passed my nose?
Aha. Well, it's hard to give advice because I don't know your style, but layers can make a huge difference(and will keep it from looking like a mushroom). Good luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aha. Well, it's hard to give advice because I don't know your style, but layers can make a huge difference(and will keep it from looking like a mushroom). Good luck!
Thanks! God, I remember my mushroom stage >> I looked like a female Justine Bieber. Or you know, Justin Bieber.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
Pixie cuts are always boyish.. but that's my opinion. I don't think really short hair is ever attractive on girls.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts