Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seen a few shows about girls with OCD, I am attracted to girls with OCD because I find their OCD behavior strange and cute at the same time? I have experience with OCD so I can relate.

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not necessarily, but I do have some ocd in me. Do you have ocd yourself?
Yes.

I used to skip every other tile, wash hands many times not because of fear of dirty hands but I had to touch everything exactly at the right time, right way, breathing had to be correct, I touched the door knobs many times, but if I touched it the wrong way I had to wash my hands from the beginning making sure I didn't touch the walls or my hands accidentally touched the sink countertop, many things had to be done correct or I would have to start all over with washing hands, when I walked and messed up I had to go back and do it again, many other OCD behaviors.

It lasted 2-3 years. Now I am 29. I do things still that is OCD. I do try to skip cracks when walking outside. I do touch doorknobs in my room and bathroom many times before going to sleep. Turn and turn off lights. Read the same sentence and paragraph many times. Check my wallet and personal ids to make sure it didn't come out by accident. Not touching cracks I can control more now. The number of times I use to check the doorknobs is 5 but if I get up to that and mess up I go to number 7 and if I mess up on that I start from beginning. The number to check least important things I use is 3 times.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I don't think OCD is cute.. I have it and in the past it has caused me some of the most intense suffering I've experienced. I don't have the type of OCD most people think of when they hear think about the disorder however. I mostly suffer from intrusive thoughts.

IF it's just mild OCD that doesn't cause too much functional disturbance... then yeah I guess it can be sort of endearing.

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Yes.

I used to skip every other tile, wash hands many times not because of fear of dirty hands but I had to touch everything exactly at the right time, right way, breathing had to be correct, I touched the door knobs many times, but if I touched it the wrong way I had to wash my hands from the beginning making sure I didn't touch the walls or my hands accidentally touched the sink countertop, many things had to be done correct or I would have to start all over with washing hands, when I walked and messed up I had to go back and do it again, many other OCD behaviors.

It lasted 2-3 years. Now I am 29. I do things still that is OCD. I do try to skip cracks when walking outside. I do touch doorknobs in my room and bathroom many times before going to sleep. Turn and turn off lights. Read the same sentence and paragraph many times. Check my wallet and personal ids to make sure it didn't come out by accident. Not touching cracks I can control more now. The number of times I use to check the doorknobs is 5 but if I get up to that and mess up I go to number 7 and if I mess up on that I start from beginning. The number to check least important things I use is 3 times.
That sounds like you had/have it rough. I mostly just make sure I had turned everything off when I'm done with them such as lights, oven knobs, faucets and whatnot. I also like to make sure things are correctly placed the right way and they are where they should be. I used to do more counting in my head in the past, but I've grown out of it. Having things clean was also a big thing for me and still is; particularly when I take a shower I have go through every part of my body in my mind just to make sure I haven't missed anything. It's all neurotic perfectionism which I believe is one of the main causes of social anxiety as well.

For me personally, I can't look at a woman being sexy because of this. If anything, over time it'd just be annoying for me. I do although find neat, clean and organized girls attractive--just nothing too neurotic.

·
Living La Vida Loca
52 Posts
To each their own, I guess. Personally, I don't find OCD to be endearing at all or worthy of being romanticized. :|

·
intimacy without pain
1,192 Posts
I don't think he's romanticizing OCD. I'm also attracted to people with, ehm, similar mental disturbances. I think it's mostly because mood disorders can feel really isolating, and it feels like love if you see your match exhibiting the same obscure behaviors/patterns you thought you were mostly alone with.

I don't know, though. :) Just my two cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts