Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are tats/piercings are turnon or turnoff?

• I'M A GUY, tats/piercings are a turnon.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • I'M A GUY, tats/piercings are a turnoff.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I'M A GIRL, tats/piercings are a turnon

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • I'M A GIRL, tats/piercings are a turnoff.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • It doesn't matter to me

Votes: 15 27.8%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if I offend anyone, but I'm going to voice my opinion and there's a poll to voice yours.

Do you think this is a turnoff or not? It's never been something of my preference. I think it's kind of nasty to be honest. I feel driven away by a girl with tattoos. One is ok, but when she goes over the top with it and has numerous piercings and tats, I'm done. I look at it as her being self conscious and feeling the need to add things to her body in order to stand out. That's just the way I see it.

How do you feel about the opposite sex having tats or piercings?

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,338 Posts
It depends on a lot of things tbh, what they are, how many maybe, where they are, how they look on the individual.

I can tolerate tattoos and piercings but I don't really think they look attractive. Girls get them to look more attractive, but in my opinion it always backfires.

I especially dislike tongue rings because they give a person a speech impediment.

I also don't like the look of ear stretching at all. They might as well put a bone through their nose.
None of the women I've known with tattoos got them to be more attractive, I can't imagine most people would do that. They get them because they hold some meaning to them generally, or because they're going for a certain style.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
I like tattoos.. and piercings are meh. I like people equally without them though. Personally, I only have 3 small tattoos but I havent gotten any of them to be more attractive or get attention. I hate when people ask me about them.. I got them done for me, never for anyone elses opinions.

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
I'm kinda neutral with stuff like that, providing most of her body isn't covered 'cos I think then it starts to look silly.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
They do not get my goat. I prefer the natural look. Never understood tattoos and piercings. I like to think I'm pretty open minded, but yeah, not something I will probably ever be doing.

Can't help but think to myself how weird the old folks homes are going to be in 50 years with how widespread these things are today.

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Girls with piercings in noses and lips are a big turn off makes a pretty girl into a instant uggo . For me

·
Banned
8,760 Posts
It can go either way. Bellybutton piercing is a huge turn-on for me, for some reason. Noses and other stuff is a huge turnoff. Guess I'm just weird like that.

Tats are OK, just if they have some meaning, or significance. Dragon tattoos are pretty stupid. Altho the one I have is, well, a pretty dumb idea, I was drunk and stoned out of my mind (no, it's not a dragon). I was 16. That explains a lot.

Reactions: inerameia

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
If a girl is hot she's hot whether she has tattoos/piercings or not. Doesn't do anything for me one way or the other unless it's really excessive, which is a turn off. I like a girl who can be sexy with her confidence and body language, not by plastering art all over her body (not saying that's the reason she got them, but I'm sure sometimes it's an attention thing).

Reactions: inerameia

·
Registered
98 Posts
I feel I'm in the minority here but I love em! Only exceptik. Being the cow nose ring is gross. Everything else I think looks confident, sexy, and often (depending on what the tat or piercing is) a good indicator of an attractive personality. Tongue stud really turn me on. I just can't help but imagine how they would feel on all kinds of fantastic places. They are an amazing invention.

·
Woman-&#
314 Posts
I have both tattoos and piercings. Nothing excessive though. I had a few piercings in my face at one point but I took them all out and now only have them in my ears.

I don't have a preference when it comes to body mods. A neat looking tattoo is always cool though.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,338 Posts
I didn't comment about piercings, I think scaffold/industrial piercings are really cool. I thought about getting one but apparently the healing time is like 6 months or something and they're quite prone to infection, so I'll just stick to admiring them on other people for now. :p

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
When a girl shows off tats or piercings, it makes her look more promiscuous in my eyes. Don't ask me why. I just assume that these girls are better in bed and give off a 'wild' vibe.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts