Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking around the mall today when these two girls started talking to me and gave me their numbers. I know this sounds weird, but I feel like they were doing it just to get a laugh out of it later. What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Call them!

I doubt they'd be playing a joke on you. If they were, they'd give you a fake number or something. But really what would the point of that be since they wouldn't be able to see your reaction.

Sounds legit to me.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
two girls.. .wow thats intimidating
I would probably be so nervous and with a tensed up smile from ear to ear and probably blushing...especially if they where good looking. Give em a call, or text them or w/e.

You....you show off -_-

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Only one way to find out, I find it a little suss that they both would, since if they were serious, I doubt they would want their friend to be in with a chance but hell go for it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, I mean, what was the chain of events that lead up to it? Then they just pop out of nowhere, talk to you, and give you their numbers? That would be pretty strange. Or were you doing something like shopping in the same store together, and they happened to strike up a conversation? How did you react to them?

WE NEED MORE DETAILS, MAN.

·
doesn't care
559 Posts
They may have given you someone else's number, if they were playing a trick on you.

But only one way to find out. I would go ahead and call, but be cautious.

·
Banned
497 Posts
I was walking around the mall today when these two girls started talking to me and gave me their numbers. I know this sounds weird, but I feel like they were doing it just to get a laugh out of it later. What do you all think?
maybe not. maybe they were actually interested in you. congrats if they were, this has never happend to me

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I had a similar experience in a concert i went to (well not really the same) but anyway, these two twins came up to me when i was slamdancing to some music and just threw themselves on me :S i had no idea how to react to that especially when one pushed me onto the edge of the stage and started kissing me!! I thought she was a bit out of her mind but hey with all anxiety aside it was quite a different experience.

Try and see this for what it is and not as them taking the mickey out of you. I admit i'd likely draw the same conclusion, however, i think you should just see where it takes you. Have a little fun with it. Call them.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
They may have given you someone else's number, if they were playing a trick on you.

But only one way to find out. I would go ahead and call, but be cautious.
Yeah, I would do that. And I'd totally be thinking the same thing as you. But knowing me I wouldn't do anything about it. I probably wouldn't have even taken the number (would that be rude?) because I'd be too nervous. So you got farther than I would have!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They gave me their real numbers, but for a dude with SA and no confidence at all, this is slightly overwhelming....

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
They gave me their real numbers, but for a dude with SA and no confidence at all, this is slightly overwhelming....
ya i could only imagine. I guess the idea of hitting it off with these girls is just a dream. I wouldn't call them back personally and i dont think you will either. Just too much pressure for people like us.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I actually texted with them for a little bit last night but I doubt I'll get anywhere with them.
texting and talking are two completly different things. If you actually went out with one of them and it went ok then there is always the added pressure of not ****ing up the next time. Too much weight to carry.

·
Banned
136 Posts
I've had a guy make a date with me in front of his friends only to not show up to the date. I suppose I should have trusted my instinct since they were all laughing.

You never know until you try though. These girls may genuinely want to get to know you!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.