Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Wow. Again, I think you just seem to meet the most paranoid girls for some weird reason :no.

You shouldn't have smiled and that probably did creep her out, maybe a lot depending on how weird of a smile it was. But that still doesn't warrant her avoiding you like that.

Regardless of how ridiculous this seems, it's best to not freak out over this and next time you see her just go over to her and say hi and act normal. No awkward smiling, just normal friendly conversation. If she starts giving you one-word answers and clearly doesn't want anything to do with you, then just leave her alone and move on (again).

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Well this has not happened in awhile. Lets say I communicate with 10 girls a day in school and outside of school 98% of the time all 10 have great conversation with me. Its just that once in awhile incidents that happen especially girls I am friendly with suddenly stop talking to me or think I did something creepy is what hurts my self-esteem.

What sucks even more is if they have mutual friends or talk to other girls I am interested in, it depends or the girl but if they gossip much which most girls do, they can talk **** about you and usually exaggerate as I have had girls tell me how rude or weird a person is but when I talk to the person in question, sure some of them are just as weird as they say to a lessor extent, but the majority of the time all their talk is bull**** and there is nothing "creepy " about the person is question. But most girls that gossip tend to believe their friends and automatically have preconceived views in the person in question which I fear could happen to me which has happened before in my life and will not give me a chance labeling me or someone else as "creepy" and makes it harder for me to make friendships with girls since they will already hate me based on what their friends say unless they have known me and had positive interaction with me before being gossiped about is an incident happens. That's what I really fear and it takes a blow at my self image and confidence.
If you really talk to ten girls a day at your school then that's really good first of all :yes, I wish I could do that lol. I talk to at most 1, 2 is a really good day :lol

I understand your fear but you really shouldn't worry that much about it. 1 awkward smile shouldn't crush your reputation. If it does, whoever stops talking to you because of that is paranoid. If you were staring at her like this for 5 seconds as she got off: :shock, then I'd understand lol. But 1 slightly awkward smile? I don't think that's a big deal. It's certainly not anything to freak out over.

I don't know why these incidents keep happening to you, this kind of stuff never happens to me, but then again I've never met any paranoid girls before lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, NSGrid... i've read a good bit of your threads now, and i just kind of noticed they're all the same. Every time you seem to care way too much about what people think about you. Like your always in detail about what you think these people are thinking. Maybe if you practiced to care less about what's going on in their minds, you would have better control of your own mind/actions, and I think that would greatly help your SA. Obviously that's hard as hell when you have SA but that's why you should try to train yourself.

Also you should try to learn to be assertive. Even when I had severe SA I was still able to stand up for myself. Having SA doesn't mean you can't do that if you try to learn how

·
Any title I want? :3
11 Posts
I have a tendency to look quickly away after establishing eye-contact. Sometimes only after looking away do I realize the person is someone I know. Often times, especially if in a crowded street, it's difficult to reestablish eye contact and say hi. I'd imagine, that to the other person, I just came off as an *******.

The best way I found to deal with this is to simply be truthful. Catch the person later through text, email, gchat, AIM...or better yet, in person, and explain what happened. What you told us about the sunglasses and not expecting to see her in the station seem valid to me. If she buys it, all good! If she doesn't, then perhaps you've idealized her niceness a bit?

·
Hideaway Crate
40 Posts
You said she had a boyfriend. Maybe she began to realize that you may like her and decided that she didn't want to go down that road. Nothing wrong with being faithful. If you had a girlfriend, i'm sure you would expect her to do the same thing with some guy who may potentially like her. I don't think it was the eye contact. Eye contact is a good thing and you should continue to work on it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maybe she began to realize that you may like her and decided that she didn't want to go down that road.
then why did she suddenly turn up at the station alone like never before? let alone in sunglasses, which definitely indicates some shady intention, such as "cheating on boyfriend"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have any of the guys here ever had a girl be nice to you and then for some awkward moment or after you were alone with her, she walked away before you can say anything or say hi?

Basically was nice to you around your friends or and great friendship but after something creepy you did just never wanted to be near you and just the sign of you walked away?
Well you're obviously not here for advice, so what are you here for then? Just to have someone to relate to i guess? Whatever have fun getting anywhere with that. It's like you just ignore the stuff that helps you, and would rather complain about how your life supposedly sucks. You're pretty stubborn man.

Kind of mean, but it needed to be said.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You are trying too hard. 85% of the world's problems are due to miscommunications. Awkwardness is not a bad thing. It implies honesty. Alot of time girls act strange cause of silly reasons like they got a zit and feel they have to hide from the world. Everyone makes communication gaffs. Don't try to explain anything to her. Just relax and go on.

·
Nowhere Man
823 Posts
then why did she suddenly turn up at the station alone like never before? let alone in sunglasses, which definitely indicates some shady intention, such as "cheating on boyfriend"
LULZ

·
Nowhere Man
823 Posts
Maybe she didn't creep out?
I just don't get it. Why if she saw you wouldn't say "hello"?
Weird.
Damn my lack of social skills, i just can't understand why people do certain stuff.

:no

·
I have to feed my dog
1,889 Posts
So that second time when you were making eye contact for a long time, were you smiling or anything? Looking at someone for a long time like that is considered staring and is pretty creepy.

I could not say anything since I locked up and instead of jolting my head back which would make it more awkward
No, I think that would have been fine. If you had looked away and she said something about it later, you had a good excuse since she was wearing sunglasses. Just say you weren't sure who it was.

But anyway, it's good that you are having these experiences so you can learn what is creepy and what is not. You have to learn from experience right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts