Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever tried this for sleep, anxiety related reasons? or for other reasons?

im pretty sure this stuff is safer and better than taking benzo's etc, im sure some of you know what im talking about. theres been research about this and i think theres a book about it too.

it seems like a miracle cure but theres so much controversy for silly reasons, if i ever get the chance i would definitely use it for the right reasons (anxiety)

do any country's have it approved for anxiety?

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
It can be very effective but it has very high abuse potential. It's also far too easy to take too much and turn in to someone who does things they seriously regret afterwards, as well as become a danger to themselves and others.

A far safer alternative is Baclofen or Phenibut, which are both similar in action to GHB, but milder and much more manageable.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
I spotted two websites that sell GHB as car cleaners, I guess it's GHB but I'm not entirely sure.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
I spotted two websites that sell GHB as car cleaners, I guess it's GHB but I'm not entirely sure.
That will be GBL. It's the precursor to GHB and can still be bought legally in many countries where GHB is illegal.

GBL got banned in my country a couple of years ago.

I ended up with big problems with GBL as it got too easy to keep re-dosing as it only lasts a couple of hours, and I'd keep doing it for days and nearly lost my job, house and friends.

An accident while on it led to a hospital trip and my friends forcing me to stop doing it, which I did, and have been all the better for it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
has anyone ever tried this for sleep, anxiety related reasons? or for other reasons?

im pretty sure this stuff is safer and better than taking benzo's etc, im sure some of you know what im talking about. theres been research about this and i think theres a book about it too.

it seems like a miracle cure but theres so much controversy for silly reasons, if i ever get the chance i would definitely use it for the right reasons (anxiety)

I used GHB quite a bit in the 1990s when it was legal and readily available online. It was fantastic stuff for SA and a great sleeping aid. I was able to have something approaching a normal social life on it.

There is a prescription from of GHB available called Xyrem, but I think it's only licensed in the US/Canada (and not for treating anxiety). It's a scheduled drug so harder to get access to, probably due to the whole "date-rape" scaremongering. It's also ridiculously expensive for some reason (probably because one pharma now have a monopoly on manufacture), even though when sold online legally it was very cheap. I would buy around 300g for $40. Now it's $1,380 for 180ml. Draw your own conclusions.

As you say, it's a very safe and clean drug in comparison to benzos, alcohol and other options. It's actually a naturally occurring chemical found in every cell in the body anyway.

The only dangers with it are the steep dosage curve which can put you into a temporary coma-like sleep if you overdose, and the fact that most of it sold contained high levels of sodium or potassium.

It is quite easy to make in the kitchen from what I understand, but getting GBL the chemical needed to produce GHB is now quite difficult as that too is been restricted. ALso it carries the same legal risks as manufacturing any illicit drug if you get caught.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No definitely not. GHB overdose can kill due to respiratory arrest.
By contrast Benzodiazepines (when used alone) are rarely fatal in overdose.
if you know what dose to take and are responsible theres no risk.
however like you said yes you can overdose but in the end its all up to the person taking it.

I used GHB quite a bit in the 1990s when it was legal and readily available online. It was fantastic stuff for SA and a great sleeping aid. I was able to have something approaching a normal social life on it.

There is a prescription from of GHB available called Xyrem, but I think it's only licensed in the US/Canada (and not for treating anxiety). It's a scheduled drug so harder to get access to, probably due to the whole "date-rape" scaremongering. It's also ridiculously expensive for some reason (probably because one pharma now have a monopoly on manufacture), even though when sold online legally it was very cheap. I would buy around 300g for $40. Now it's $1,380 for 180ml. Draw your own conclusions.

As you say, it's a very safe and clean drug in comparison to benzos, alcohol and other options. It's actually a naturally occurring chemical found in every cell in the body anyway.

The only dangers with it are the steep dosage curve which can put you into a temporary coma-like sleep if you overdose, and the fact that most of it sold contained high levels of sodium or potassium.

It is quite easy to make in the kitchen from what I understand, but getting GBL the chemical needed to produce GHB is now quite difficult as that too is been restricted. ALso it carries the same legal risks as manufacturing any illicit drug if you get caught.
great post, yeah i agree its not worth the risk if someone wanted to make this stuff the last thing we want is jail haha.

besides in australia pretty much everything is banned i doubt we have any GBL

we have ghb but in prescription form, and you're right its so expensive :|

That will be GBL. It's the precursor to GHB and can still be bought legally in many countries where GHB is illegal.

GBL got banned in my country a couple of years ago.

I ended up with big problems with GBL as it got too easy to keep re-dosing as it only lasts a couple of hours, and I'd keep doing it for days and nearly lost my job, house and friends.

An accident while on it led to a hospital trip and my friends forcing me to stop doing it, which I did, and have been all the better for it.
whats the difference between gbl and ghb? does it just turn into GHB when it process's through your body?

well its good you can't really get it because i guess the addiction potential was there with you.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
whats the difference between gbl and ghb? does it just turn into GHB when it process's through your body?

well its good you can't really get it because i guess the addiction potential was there with you
Yeah it metabolises in to GHB.

I personally know 1 person who has died due it. There are enough cases of death linked to GHB/GBL for it to need to be treated with extreme caution.

It works out for for some people who can control it, and not take it recreationally too much or binge on it, but not everyone can resist the urge.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

It stops being a miracle cure after a few months of regular use. And if you're using it that much, the constant rebounds can be pretty damaging neurologically. I now have to take sodium valproate to stop seizures that started after extended GBL use, and it makes me feel like I have Alzheimer's.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
It stops being a miracle cure after a few months of regular use. And if you're using it that much, the constant rebounds can be pretty damaging neurologically. I now have to take sodium valproate to stop seizures that started after extended GBL use, and it makes me feel like I have Alzheimer's.
did you get free Xyrem from NHS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts