Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Gamer
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I ask a question? Do any of you find that since you are shy you get turned on really easily if someone is in your personal space? How do you deal with that? BTW I'm a guy.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
FYI, I'll probably delete my answer later cuz I'll be embarrassed by it

So, I'm female and I don't really get "turned on" but if its someone who I think is especially attractive or whatever, I will have an almost overwhelming physical "reaction."

Like once I was in the tv room my dorm building and it was just me and this cute guy working on his work like I was, who I'd never seen/spoken to before and we were watching this movie and he made a couple comments about it, and I made the obligatory chuckle, and in later days, I only saw him a couple times when he sat right ****ing next to me in the computer lab-we didn't say anything to each other but I knew it was him, and I felt distracted from what I was doing, I felt too aware of all my movements, I hoped that I was looking good that day.......

Then this other time, I have this habit of staring, and I stared at this one guy like a totally crazy person one day and then I couldn't stop thinking about him(and he also lived in this dorm!)and one day we ended up being in the same elevator for 3 floors, and I pretended to be immersed in my mp3 player but all the while, I was aware of him, and my face started getting hot esp since he had his body turned towards me like he was looking at me[EDIT] Luckily I got to my floor before my face turned full on red

So yeah,, I've felt what you've felt

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts

So, I'm female and I don't really get "turned on" but if its someone who I think is especially attractive or whatever, I will have an almost overwhelming physical "reaction."

Like once I was in the tv room my dorm building and it was just me and this cute guy working on his work like I was, who I'd never seen/spoken to before and we were watching this movie and he made a couple comments about it, and I made the obligatory chuckle, and in later days, I only saw him a couple times when he sat right ****ing next to me in the computer lab-we didn't say anything to each other but I knew it was him, and I felt distracted from what I was doing, I felt too aware of all my movements, I hoped that I was looking good that day.......

Then this other time, I have this habit of staring, and I stared at this one guy like a totally crazy person one day and then I couldn't stop thinking about him(and he also lived in this dorm!)and one day we ended up being in the same elevator for 3 floors, and I pretended to be immersed in my mp3 player but all the while, I was aware of him, and my face started getting hot esp since he had his body turned towards me

So yeah,, I've felt you've felt
i do this too. maybe it's so much stronger for us because we don't get much physical contact? i get hyper-aware of all my movements if i'm alone in a space with a guy or if a guy is standing/sitting too close to me.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
I feel this all the time, the other time for example a woman who did not a have a supermodel body but she KNEW she was sexy asked me to carry some stuff of hers over to the cash register. I almost got a full on boner because I was walking behind her carrying the stuff and she just smelled so good and walked in such a sexy way. She wasn't even wearing revealing clothes or anything.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I feel this all the time, the other time for example a woman who did not a have a supermodel body but she KNEW she was sexy asked me to carry some stuff of hers over to the cash register. I almost got a full on boner because I was walking behind her carrying the stuff and she just smelled so good and walked in such a sexy way. She wasn't even wearing revealing clothes or anything.
:lol
yes this thread will definitely be closed soon.

its just related to lack of experience basically. for me at least.

i deal with it by umm, avoiding wine first of all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
LOL i never get like that, not FULL ON anyways lol

i love all kinds of women, tho there are types i look to avoid and i know exactly what they are...im not really picky because where imi from, there's 3 girls for everywhere 1 guy so theres just so much to chose from.

i only get fully excited when the heavy petting after kissing starts

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
I can't remember the last time someone random was in my personal space, physically. However, I have had one or two in my personal space through correspondence. Generally I'm not very sexual, but I think the extreme solitude, which I'm mostly OK with, does affect me somewhat ... in such a way that attention from those who correspond sometimes makes certain um thoughts enter my mind.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I wouldn't use the words "turned on" but for example, if I'm in a crowded elevator and there is an attractive girl facing me, it will all of sudden feel like it's 100 degrees in there and I'll start breaking a sweat.

·
cant take the silence
397 Posts
well to be honest whenever i see a pretty girl i do get a little "turned on" but thats prob because i never held a girls hand so idk lol :p but this is quite embarassing

:blush

·
wtf
419 Posts

Then this other time, I have this habit of staring, and I stared at this one guy like a totally crazy person one day and then I couldn't stop thinking about him(and he also lived in this dorm!)and one day we ended up being in the same elevator for 3 floors, and I pretended to be immersed in my mp3 player but all the while, I was aware of him, and my face started getting hot esp since he had his body turned towards me like he was looking at me[EDIT] Luckily I got to my floor before my face turned full on red

So yeah,, I've felt what you've felt
I can relate ^ The hyperawareness of all my movements is the worst. I hate it.

I think the more I ignore the guy (don't look at him, don't talk to him, etc.)...which is the case most of the time...the worse the tension is. It's not entirely sexual though. I don't think it has much to do with being inexperienced. I think it has more to do the fact that I'm not letting myself take notice of the guy and express my feelings.

I've seen social girls meet a guy and immediately get turned on...but they deal with it by telling him, "oh you're so cute, you must have a lot of girls come up to you, I'll marry you someday (as a joke), etc." and once the obvious is out in the open, then they just go about their business talking about ordinary things. However, an SA girl can't move on because she's still stuck in the "oh he's cute" mindset and then it becomes an obsession because she wants to say something but she can't. If you just say it, it's over, and you don't get obsessed about it. Also, talking is a good way of distracting yourself, and it's difficult for an SA girl to do that.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Note to self: Never go to wherever PelicanBay lives... too much pressure - not enough men.

Sorry, just sayin' - wow.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't really get turned on per se, but it is much too easy for me to view other people as potential romantic interests. If I guy is nice to me, I'll always think, "Maybe he could be the one!" and then I immediately feel like a retarded baboon. It's so embarrassing!

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
I think what helps is that I am always horny, I mean really...almost all the time. Women are just so beautiful and sexy and they smell good, it is inevitable for me to get turned on. I think my testosterone is most definitely above average.

·
Registered
139 Posts
it is much too easy for me to view other people as potential romantic interests. If I guy is nice to me, I'll always think, "Maybe he could be the one!" and then I immediately feel like a retarded baboon. It's so embarrassing!
Haha! I have that problem too, and it's so irritating. you're like, wait a minute, I just met him.. You're just really glad he can't hear what a psycho you really are. I hate it, I certainly don't understand it. I'm emotionally easy :no

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
one word...puberty. doesn't matter if you are shy or not, if you have SA or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yup. when i'm getting attention from a guy, i do this annoying thing where i don't stop smiling. and then i feel even dumber for smiling so much.

you're supposed to play it cool. haha, i wish.

(i love how everyone's blushing and getting embarrassed by this lol)

·
Newly Optimistic
2,319 Posts
I don't get turned on by simply being next to someone attractive, but I do feel good and fuzzy inside when people of both sexes touch me in a comforting way like hugging me or patting me on the back or rubbing my shoulders, etc. I don't think it's a sexual thing since I get the same feeling even with guys, but I think it speaks to my deep desire for intimacy with another person.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts