Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know if this should be posted here but I think I've been getting a little better about my SA. Today I spoke out in class and explained an answer.. and I know it's silly but I was pretty proud of myself. Normally in class I can't be called on or have class attention on me without freaking out and turning red. Usually turning red just happens automatically but this time it didn't. What I've been doing is trying positive thinking and I think it really can work. Usually I'm very pessimistic and before I even step into class I would expect to turn red. But ever since college started I've flooded my mind with positive notes like "Class will be fun, you'll meet new people" "Things will go well today" "We have to do interviews in class today, everything will go well, I can talk to other class mates, I'll be fine" ... stuff like that.

I'm taking Psychology class b/c I think I might major in that and we are learning all kinds of things about behavior and we discuss disorders like SA.. so I'm learning even more about SA and maybe what causes it and hopefully I can learn how to help myself.. lol, I know, but it's worth a try right?

I'm just staying positive!

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
That's not silly at all. Any accomplishment is something to be proud of, and that's actually a pretty big one, imo. Good job :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
I agree that's not silly I remember getting attention in class use to really freak me out and still does a bit. It sounds like your doing the right thing keep it up!:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
yay for you! i'm glad those positive thoughts work, i should try them tooo. keep it up !

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
It's not silly! Your getting one step closer! :) good job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts