Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to expose myself more, I told a friend that I'd be rolling with him to a party tonight. He does not have SAD, he in fact is the opposite of me. He is full of confidence and can talk to anyone just like that...so he'll most likely be off on his own.
That's cool, I want to be on my own tonight, a test to see if I can fly if you will. Now that there's 30 minutes until I leave, I'm becoming extremely nervous. I'm trying to do deap breaths to calm myself down, did some pushups...went and shaved, brushed my teeth...nothing. Hearts still beating like crazy.
It's my first college party in over a year, I only went my first year (with another friend) and all I would do was pretty much walk around...sit on the couch sometimes. I would try to dance with some girls, but after the song was over I wouldnt say anything to them so they'd just walk away.

I need to calm down, I had to tell someone what I was feeling :afr

·
Amazing
363 Posts
Just relax. I've been to a few parties, and I felt the same way before. Take a deep breath, just go and you'll have fun! Let us know how it goes! Just make sure you do go. Otherwise you'll regret it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
most people are too drunk to care and the others usually talk to other people. one good thing about large gatherings is that you don't have to entertain everyone so the pressure can lower that way too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sooo just came back...and I have to say this was one of the best nights of my life!!

When I first got there, I was sooo nervous...pretending to talk on my phone before entering the door behind another group. When I got inside I talked to one guy asking whats downstairs, he said it was the dancefloor and where I wanted to be.
I went downstairs and just walked around for like 30 minutes. There was a really cute girl I wanted to dance with, we were looking at each other for like 5 minutes on and off but I chickened out and lost her :/.
After about 5 minutes this girl grabbed my hand and asked me my name, I told her and asked hers. I asked her to dance and she said yes! We danced for like 2 minutes before she realized I sucked, but I didn't care lol. It was good practice.

My confidence was at an all time high...I saw this girl dancing with her friends...I walked up to her, grabbed her forearm and said "wanna dance" and to my surprise she was like "YEAAA!". We danced for like...30 minutes! I was soo sweaty and tired but loved every last minute. She would keep grabbing my hands and moving them to her boobs :eek:. Anyways, after like 10 minutes I saw her turn her head to me and open her mouth...and mind you i've never made out with a girl before so I ignored it (on accident). She closed it and continued to dance. A few more minutes pass by and she does it again...I go for the kill, stick my mouth inside hers at first (remember, my first time) and start kissing her lips/licking her tongue. It lasted about 5 seconds, she realized I sucked at it lol.
We kept dancing, after another 5 minutes she turned her head again...I learned from my previous mistake and came on top of her lips and kissed. We kissed and kissed and she turned around, put her hands around me and we continued to kiss. It was like 30 seconds of pure bliss, I LOVED it! After we finished she smiled at me and turned back around, we continued to dance. We made out 4 times!!
After about 30 minutes she said she was leaving (the party was emptying out). I forgot to ask for her number so I gave her friend my number. Anyways, I'm soooo glad I went...if any of you guys are in a similar situation GO FOR IT! It's sooo worth it! Can't wait until next weekend :D!!

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Sooo just came back...and I have to say this was one of the best nights of my life!!

When I first got there, I was sooo nervous...pretending to talk on my phone before entering the door behind another group. When I got inside I talked to one guy asking whats downstairs, he said it was the dancefloor and where I wanted to be.
I went downstairs and just walked around for like 30 minutes. There was a really cute girl I wanted to dance with, we were looking at each other for like 5 minutes on and off but I chickened out and lost her :/.
After about 5 minutes this girl grabbed my hand and asked me my name, I told her and asked hers. I asked her to dance and she said yes! We danced for like 2 minutes before she realized I sucked, but I didn't care lol. It was good practice.

My confidence was at an all time high...I saw this girl dancing with her friends...I walked up to her, grabbed her forearm and said "wanna dance" and to my surprise she was like "YEAAA!". We danced for like...30 minutes! I was soo sweaty and tired but loved every last minute. She would keep grabbing my hands and moving them to her boobs :eek:. Anyways, after like 10 minutes I saw her turn her head to me and open her mouth...and mind you i've never made out with a girl before so I ignored it (on accident). She closed it and continued to dance. A few more minutes pass by and she does it again...I go for the kill, stick my mouth inside hers at first (remember, my first time) and start kissing her lips/licking her tongue. It lasted about 5 seconds, she realized I sucked at it lol.
We kept dancing, after another 5 minutes she turned her head again...I learned from my previous mistake and came on top of her lips and kissed. We kissed and kissed and she turned around, put her hands around me and we continued to kiss. It was like 30 seconds of pure bliss, I LOVED it! After we finished she smiled at me and turned back around, we continued to dance. We made out 4 times!!
After about 30 minutes she said she was leaving (the party was emptying out). I forgot to ask for her number so I gave her friend my number. Anyways, I'm soooo glad I went...if any of you guys are in a similar situation GO FOR IT! It's sooo worth it! Can't wait until next weekend :D!!
C: that made me smile!! =] i'm so glad you had fun!!! =)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good stuff. Parties usually either go quite bad or quite good. I'm glad yours went really well and you managed to make out with a girl.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you have a great night. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
well im jealous, Now that im back home I dont have many friends to go out with and the ones who are around are always working. I spent last night drinking by myself. My advice to anyone is to just to sit back and let the booze set in. If theres a situation where you find you by yourself you can try doing what I do I open up my notepad on my cell phone and write down personal notes to myself..it looks like im text messaging.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Youve got the right philosophy in the sense of just doing it and realize your gonna get better, once you are able to do that your stock will skyrocket. I know from experience :)

Good things are to come :yes

She would keep grabbing my hands and moving them to her boobs :eek:.
thats my boy :clap

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats, maybe this should be moved to the Triumph forum?

I've never danced with or kissed anyone, I doubt I ever will. At least we're not all lost causes in that area though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well done :D

I went to 2 out of 3 college nights out last week (freshers week) but i only hung around for a few minutes before i became too self-conscious and had to leave :afr

I kept noticing everyone seemed to be looking at me. I felt like i hadn't enough drink on me and i hate ordering drinks especially when theres hundreds of people around the bar

If i had found somewhere to sit i probably would of stayed, oh well...:|

I probably should of stuck it out a bit longer and who knows what could of happened,maybe next time :yes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts