Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this pathetic really...but it's keeping a giant hole in my life where there should be a women. Does anyone have experiences they can share with getting over this fear? I'm sure as this is the relationship forum there's people in here that have experienced it. I have reduced my social anxiety around everyone but pretty women.

I've been told I'm an attractive guy, I've had sex a couple of times (once with someone special but turned out she was just cheating on her boyfriend). But when I am around someone I am attracted to thoughts just start racing through my head and I become frozen in panic.

just one example (this was tonight) - I was with someone who I find gorgeous in every sense of the word. There were brief moments where I was my true self, and I could see it in her eyes that she wanted me to keep going, that she liked what I was doing/saying. But I get so damn locked up with fear and become intensely self concious (thinking that I'm ugly). And as soon as this happens she becomes uncomfortable and the moment is ruined.

·
Registered
823 Posts
just do it :) over and over until your fear lessens. I know-easier said than done. You are capable of lots and I believe you can get over this fear :)

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
You know that disgusting excretion process you do every day? The one that's so undignifying that you can't perform it in public? Yeah, women do that too...

Think about it....

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know how you feel. I didn't know exactly how I got over it, but I think I started "recovering" when I became friends with a girl near my house on the internet. Then we started hanging out (the first meetup was AWKWARD LIKE HELL), and after a while I suddenly became comfortable around the opposite sex.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Hey man you've already had sex and stuff, you are way ahead of where I was when I started approaching girls...I just was soooo sick and tired of being lonely that I pushed all those negative thoughts about being awkward away and just went for it. Had never even kissed a girl but I decided I wanted to and I didn't stop until I ended up with a girlfriend, going to bars by myself and just putting myself out there. You already have some experience so just buck up and keep at it and you'll do fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts