Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure if I should put this thread in this forum, but decided this seemed to be the best place for it.
I will be going to a social group that is having an event this weekend. So far I don't know anyone there, but the people running it seem nice and there don't seem to be that many groups specifically for people my age (31) who are not yet married.

·
There And Back Again
4,785 Posts
Sounds like a fun group to me.

Perhaps I will join a group whom has people of 50+ and still not married :).

(I prefer older people as friends).

Good luck too u buddy :).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. I just joined a social group 2 months ago. A meet up group for people that have social anxiety. They had 2 meet ups so far but I was working. Maybe next time, I will be nervous but I'm going to force myself to go, theres not alot of options out there.
Thanks! It was really hard for me. The group I went to was a general social group for young adults (20s/30s), it was not specifically for people with social anxiety. I found it really hard to go, because it seemed that everyone there came with friends or a bf/gf except for me. :afr
Also, one of the women who was organizing the group seemed really nice and friendly to me while I was there. But after the event, I tried friending her on FB and she has not accepted my request (I can't tell yet if she declined it, but I suspect she probably did). I find it very disheartening when people seem super friendly, but then don't seem to want to follow that up with additional actions. (She actually hugged me at the end of the event, which seemed really nice, but apparently this doesn't really mean anything to her).

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Thanks! It was really hard for me. The group I went to was a general social group for young adults (20s/30s), it was not specifically for people with social anxiety. I found it really hard to go, because it seemed that everyone there came with friends or a bf/gf except for me. :afr
Also, one of the women who was organizing the group seemed really nice and friendly to me while I was there. But after the event, I tried friending her on FB and she has not accepted my request (I can't tell yet if she declined it, but I suspect she probably did). I find it very disheartening when people seem super friendly, but then don't seem to want to follow that up with additional actions. (She actually hugged me at the end of the event, which seemed really nice, but apparently this doesn't really mean anything to her).
Yeah, I hate that too. I just feels like false hope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts