Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can't see the benefit of telling them? Talking about your anxiety actually makes it worse because you're reinforcing the knowledge that you're anxious. It's a perpetuating cycle.

You're best off getting in touch with people you haven't seen for a while without mentioning your problems. If you must, it's best to just say "personal problems". Don't mention SA, you'll worsen your condition

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see the benefit of telling them? Talking about your anxiety actually makes it worse because you're reinforcing the knowledge that you're anxious. It's a perpetuating cycle.

You're best off getting in touch with people you haven't seen for a while without mentioning your problems. If you must, it's best to just say "personal problems". Don't mention SA, you'll worsen your condition
I just dont want to hide it anymore, I dont want to lie. If u dont tell them about it, what do u tell them then?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I add them to facebook but don't respond if they send a message. One was a real pest and I tried to explain it to her but she didn't understand why I didn't really want to see her or anyone else. Meh whatever. The mood I'm in today is hardly fit to be commenting on things.

·
slave
4,382 Posts
I got into touch with my childhood sweetheart over a year ago and it was a huge mistake. It soon became evident that he and I no longer had anything in common and that I just outgrew him.

I remember kicking myself for giving him my phone number because he friggin' blew up my phone like Lady Gaga and Beyonce sing about in Telephone. All week I'd get phone calls from him and it got to the point where I'd panic whenever the phone rang and he'd also bombard me with IMs.

I avoided him like the plague after the first week and I never heard from him again, thankfully.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
No one from that time I trust - If it is someone you think you could build a relationship with yeah, just don't have it be the first thing you say!

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I wouldn't have the guts to do this...Even if I did, it would be pointless...Or, if the person wanted to catch up by hanging out in person, it would be really awkward having to reject them since I wouldn't be willing to (has happened in the past.) As for SA, I told one person before and they didn't get it, so I wouldn't do that again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.