Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's it truly like to get drunk? Last night, me and my friend went out and planned on getting me wasted. I drank and drank but nothing happened. My heart rate got up, my head got hot, and I had a big headache...that was about it.

As we were walking back to the subway, just as I put my token in, I felt like I had to burp and my mouth filled with vomit. After a few minutes, my entire nights dinner was in the trash can. Although I was drunk enough to throw up, I was very aware of everything around me. Maybe my SA is strong enough to even inhibit myself from the effects of alcohol? LOL

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
hey fellow torontonian.. :)

did you feel much less inhibited? happier? laughed more? talked more? less self-conscious? more "lustful" if you know what i mean (red wine does that to me)?

i think it varies many times. i tend to just feel more of the physical effects too.. i feel happier, have a nice buzz, feel more at ease, talk a little more, feel less awkward, but i never seem really drunk, which is weird - no one has ever said to me "you are so drunk!" its always "do you feel drunk at all? you seem completely sober" even those times when i've been completely wasted. so when i drink my SA is still there quite a bit, maybe you are the same too

i've never actually puked thankfully, that sounds like it must have sucked. i kind of have a fear of puking in public which is why i kind of suppress the feeling of puking even when i'm at home.

·
Registered
155 Posts
When I drink my SA completely goes away and it's painfully obvious that I'm drunk because I'm LOUD. Thankfully I've never thrown up from drinking.
Lol My grandmother always told me you know you're drunk when you can't feel your face anymore.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
What's it truly like to get drunk? Last night, me and my friend went out and planned on getting me wasted. I drank and drank but nothing happened. My heart rate got up, my head got hot, and I had a big headache...that was about it.

As we were walking back to the subway, just as I put my token in, I felt like I had to burp and my mouth filled with vomit. After a few minutes, my entire nights dinner was in the trash can. Although I was drunk enough to throw up, I was very aware of everything around me. Maybe my SA is strong enough to even inhibit myself from the effects of alcohol? LOL
That may have just been your body rejecting the alcohol?

in my opinion, to be drunk means losing your balance. Your head feels like it's on a never-ending carousel, your horizon keeps drifting from one side to the other, and you're not able to lie down because your head is spinning too fast. And in the morning you get a big headache, and the thought of drinking another drop of alcohol makes you want to puke.

If you don't feel that, then you're not drunk (to the point of being sick, I mean).

-but to be in the right "zone", for me anyways, you have to be having a good time to begin with. Enjoying the atmosphere, talking with your friends, listening to good music, DRINKING SOMETHING YOU LIKE. If not, then drinking just gets you drunk.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Getting drunk is the only thing that literally CURES my SA. Alcohol makes me confident, talkative, empathetic, and even causes me to forget that I have SA. I wish I could feel like that all the time.:(

·
Banned
877 Posts
Colors begin to liven up, you'll get slight euphoria, music sounds great and you don't have a care in the world.

Next day...

massive headache, vomiting, possible withdrawal symptoms, dullness

All depending on the amount you drank of course

If you care about your body don't mess with alcohol. I don't give a Sh*t about my body so I binge drink every time I can. My account of my drunkenness is totally subjective and if you don't get these exact effects, don't blame me, blame your booze.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did you drink? I personally cannot tolerate many types of alcohol. I cannot even stand the smell of whiskey.
I had no idea what I was drinking, I just ordered it and drank it. O_O

Throughout the day,

At my friend's house
-an entire, but small, bottle of Smirnoff Ice
-a full shot of this lime alcohol stuff with Sprite

Later at the restaurant
-a gin tonic
-a martini (with 2x alcohol concentration or something to that effect)

Later at the bar
-tequila sunrise
-melonball shot

O_O No idea what kind of alcohol was in these drinks. All I know is Ill stick to soda...I HATE alcohol now lol.

I preferred throwing up in the subway...in case I passed out, there were transit police downstairs to help me. They actually asked me if I was ok before I puked. FELT SO GOOD seeing them there.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
No wonder you hurled! Find something that you like and stick to it. Mixing types of alcohol like that is a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had no idea what I was drinking, I just ordered it and drank it. O_O

Throughout the day,

At my friend's house
-an entire, but small, bottle of Smirnoff Ice
-a full shot of this lime alcohol stuff with Sprite

Later at the restaurant
-a gin tonic
-a martini (with 2x alcohol concentration or something to that effect)

Later at the bar
-tequila sunrise
-melonball shot

O_O No idea what kind of alcohol was in these drinks. All I know is Ill stick to soda...I HATE alcohol now lol.

I preferred throwing up in the subway...in case I passed out, there were transit police downstairs to help me. They actually asked me if I was ok before I puked. FELT SO GOOD seeing them there.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
No wonder you didn't really feel the normal effects. You drank a decent amount for someone who doesn't normally drink, but it was over a long period of time. If you want to get wasted then drink most of that in a short time span next time.

You most likely threw up not because you were drunk enough, but because you were drinking all day, ate a big meal, and then drank some more. That combination usually doesn't work out well especially if your body isn't used to drinking alcohol.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Alcohol never drastically helped my mental issues. It reduces anxiety like benzos, but its dopamine/serotonin effects are pretty weak for my tastes, plus it has quite a lot of negative effects. GHB (on no tolerance) is so much better as an alcohol replacement, though it still makes you a little stupid.

When I'm drunk, I am only mildly to moderately more talkative, and to get to the moderate stage I have to get absolutely wasted (which makes being sociable less useful, as then the only impression people will ever have of me is a drunk dumbass).

·
king of the road
175 Posts
No wonder you hurled! Find something that you like and stick to it. Mixing types of alcohol like that is a recipe for disaster.
Great advice! Mixing different types of alcohol generally ends in vomiting.

Also, try to know your limits. It's usually not a good idea to drink as much as you can as fast as you can. Choosing to get completely wasted is often a regrettable decision. Try to pace yourself.

·
Banned
648 Posts
When I drink my SA slowly goes away, the more I drink. More confident, friendly, talkative. But the next day I feel more anxious, sometimes WAY more anxious and spend day in room!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Your mistake was ordering a bunch of different drinks in one day. You may have just had a little buzz but all those sugary drinks and different types of liquors can wreck havoc on your stomach whether you're actually drunk or not.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
When I'm really drunk, oh boy, the sky's the limit. The night always ends with me praying to the porcelain gods. Thankfully, that has only happened a few times. But even barfing in public behind some potted palm at a club during a concert is nothing to sweat when you're really drunk.

I have several favorite moments, including skipping and singing through the DoubleTree at SeaTac with an online friend of mine, searching for my bf who had went all the way to the front lobby to get free cookies.

I dance while I'm drunk. Including dancing to "Dick in a Box" sung by some house band at a sleazy bar in Fairbanks.

Oh, the memories.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I have great drunk memories, but some blackouts; vomiting; things said; fights.

Alcohol isn't the savior some make it out to be.

I need to start drinking again. Those two days in an addicts ward weren't enough.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Drinking makes me more confident, talkative and I'm told even more funny. :D

I drank Smirnoff Ice once and it made me feel that hot/heartbeating really fast thing. I never drank it again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm told I'm fun when I'm drunk and my SA seems to be almost a non-issue, though it's still there slightly. I'm more sociable, I care less about what people think, I think more clearly/quickly, and I seem to perform better. Oh, and sometimes my lips go numb at first. =P Only bad thing is that it takes me a lot to get buzzed or drunk, a lot more than other people. Plus I don't want to kill my liver too quickly.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mixing drinks should only be for hardcore alcoholics. Find a drink you like and just let it naturally get you into the drunkness, don't chug.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts