Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll, I just had another post about this medicine that I'm taking. I been taking 150mgs of anafranil/clompiramine and I'm on my 3 weeks today. I haven't felt any good effects to ago against the anxiety that is started by thinking of going somewhere but worrying about what other people are thinking and how i seem like i always act too nice and come off weird and akkward.

I know it's only been 3 weeks but I have noticed that when driving I can now not wear my sunglasses and when I do that walking past something my andrenialline isn't alright in the amygdula filled with all that anxiety.

Any expierence or journals anyone can point me too and see the week by week blog, would be really awesome. I believe we all are going to overcome this and I just really think a MAOI as nardil or parnate is the key because of my history of past medication.

Thank you and thank you for reading.

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Well ive been on it twice, maxdose don't have a blog or chart though... Give it some more time, brain n body... It takes time for say the HPA-Axis to get normal, or stress on you Gonads(balls).

They eye problem i didn't really get, you feel the need for sunglasses?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What i mean about the sunglasses is that before I took this medicine I had a big obession about when I make eye contact with someone preferbly easier with a female other than a male( tend to think other dudes think I want to pick a fight or scared of them or they think im gay, when i look in at them)

I'm currently on 3 weeks on 150 and I'm praying that this will be what helps me get back into the employement. I'm becoming more a burden on my family and girlfriend because I don't know how to communicated well with other peopole without being so scared someone is giong to think wierd of me.

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
I get that Ive been Nocked down 2 times, ehh but i get up again nobodys gonna keep me down!! hehehe

But no it really helped me, i also used Betablockers called Inderal/Propranolol 40-60mg and benzodiazepams Xanax/Alprazolam different dosage...

But Anafranil was like the "backbone" but the other meds help alot to.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get that Ive been Nocked down 2 times, ehh but i get up again nobodys gonna keep me down!! hehehe

But no it really helped me, i also used Betablockers called Inderal/Propranolol 40-60mg and benzodiazepams Xanax/Alprazolam different dosage...

But Anafranil was like the "backbone" but the other meds help alot to.
I take propranolol as well 3x 10mgs a day. I'm currently in the house and sometimes have a real bad anxiety about going outside afraid of people being out there. Is that social anxiety or agoraphobia? I have read that this medication helps with getting people out of the house as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts