Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have experience with seeing a second p-doc?

I'm getting evaluated by another p-doc next week and I'm not sure how to go about it. Obviously, I have to fill out all the forms and such. I'm just not sure how much information I should put down on paper. Obviously I have to tell him what medication I have tried, and what I am currently on at some point, but should I wait until I see him first hand?

I just want a totally unbiased evaluation by a second doctor. Obviously, with more information, he may be able to make a better diagnosis. However, I don't want to him to come to any conclusions too quickly.

What I want to happen is have him do his evaluation on me, and then be like, this what I think, and this is how we should go from here. Then I'll be like, okay, I've tried and have been on xxx drugs and what not.

Am I being too paranoid about this? I mean, if he mentions the same plan as my current p-doc does, I'll just say thanks and move on. My current p-doc is fine. However, if he comes up with something completely different, then I'll listen.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
What kind of evaluation are you looking for exactly? Do you feel like you are being given weak meds? If you don't want him to prescribe the same thing I would tell him it didn't work. The more information you can give a doctor the better. It allows them to make better choices for you. I'm trying to think of what kind of medications would bias the doc against you?

If you really think you are smarter and more knowledgeable than your pdocs and there is something specifically you want for whatever reason then just do whatever you have to do and doctor shop around like a druggie.

Edit: Also, unless you know exactly what you are doing he may prescribe you something that is dangerous for you to currently take given the medication that you have recently used. I just think that if you have to ask this question on a forum you need to tell your doctor everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts