Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gamer
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a bit of performance anxiety. When people are watching me (especially attractive women or girls) I tend to clam up and feel like I am about to cry. Even walking becomes difficult if I feel like I am being watched by attractive people.

Also when I go to big public places (like the mall or a large grocery store) I feel like I am about to cry, but I don't necessarily get nervous or sweat I just feel uncomfortable and like I am about to cry. Its bad because you can see in my face that I look like I am about to cry and that just brings more attention to me which makes being out in public even more difficult.

When I go the airport and I have to sit across from people while I am waiting for my flight I get so uncomfortable.

I think I just draw inwardly, it can be hard to focus and concentrate when out in public instead I just keep thinking about trying not to be uncomfortable.

Eye contact and speaking when out in a public place is difficult for me.

So do I have social anxiety? When I look at online tests they usually show things like increased heart rate, sweatiness, muscle tension, nervousness but I don't really get any of those symptoms the main thing is that I get uncomfortable and want to leave the situation and I look and feel like I am about to cry.

And usually when I finally do leave the social situation, I will stay hurt for some time until I feel normal again.

So is it social anxiety or something else altogether?

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Sadaiyappan :wels

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Sadiayappan! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts