Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post on this forum.

My goal is to say 'hi' to 50 random strangers. I have attempted this several times in the past few years and failed, but really, I don't think I tried very hard.
I tried to get a 'hi' in the past few days by walking around the streets for a few hours but I didn't manage to start.

I will give myself until Sunday 19th to do this. I am going on a bushwalk on the weekend so hopefully I will be able to do some of it there.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Good luck :)

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Good luck BTW! :) If you're like me, the more you practice saying "Hi" the easier it should become. It might take awhile though

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm not exactly sure how many hi's I got over the weekend, but I will say I got 6. So that's 6/50.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten any other his since, so it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it in time to get to 50 his. So, I'll give myself until the 23rd to get the rest of them... this means I'll need over 7 hi's each day, hopefully I will do this.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I still haven’t managed to say hi to someone on the street. I do definitely want to continue this, but I won’t give myself another time limit yet. I’m not sure how much time I will have to focus on this in the next week or so. My goal now is to just start. This might take me a while but as long as I eventually get there it will be better than nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts